XI. Ligature Marks

• • • •

• • • •

"No, I was a little too distracted by my dead vampire wife to ask any questions!"

"Isobel's here?" Faith asked as she walked inside the classroom. All eyes were on her as she slowly sat down in the desk next to Elena. "What? Do I have something on my face?"

"Where have you been?" Damon questioned the siphoner. His blue eyes studied her as well as the others in the room.

The siphoner was dressed in pants and a large sweater with the hood over her head. She seemed to make every move with so much pain. Like the littlest movement, physically hurt her.

"I was at home," Faith mumbled. "I was barely able to make it out of the house without my mother noticing."

"For a week?" Elena asked.

"Yes," the siphoner trailed off. "For a week, but that's not the point. Why's Isobel here?"

"She wants to see me," Elena said.

"Okay," Faith rubbed her temples. "So why not just see her?"

"You don't have to see her if you don't want to," Damon reassured the doppelgänger, causing Stefan and Faith to look at the dark-haired vampire, weirdly. Since when has Damon ever been sensitive?

"I don't have a choice," Elena admitted.

"She's threatened to go on a killing spree," Alaric explained.

"Oh," Damon said. "I take it that's not okay with you guys?"

"What's the big deal?" Faith asked. "It's just a little blood."

Elena narrowed her eyes on the siphoner before sighing. "No, I want to do it. I want to meet her. If I don't, I know I'll regret it."

• • • •

"We should be in there," Damon remarked before walking back to Alaric and Faith. The siphoner was seated down on a bench while the History teacher sat against the arm of the bench.

"No, Isobel made it clear we're not to step a foot inside," Alaric stated.

"What he said," Faith pointed at the teacher. "Plus I'm pretty sure I don't have enough magic to protect all of you if you do something stupid."

"I'm not going to kill her in a crowded restaurant," Damon remarked, sounding almost offended.

"You're not going to kill her period!"

"She ruined your life and you still want to protect her?"

"She's my wife," Alaric argued but gained looks from the vampire and siphoner. "Was my wife. I looked for the woman I married but she wasn't there. Whoever that is, she's cold and detached."