CHAPTER SIX

Olivia stands on the pier of the beach that was located on the reservation

She reluctantly agreed to come with Bella and her friends just to stop her sister from annoying her. As soon as they arrived she walked away from the group to isolate herself near the pier.

Where she did something she rarely did. Let herself get deep in thought.

She thought about that night. The night that ruined her spirit. Drained the light of her eyes. Turned her heart so cold. And made her numb. Or so she liked she think.

She thought about the rough hands that threw her around. About the feeling of not being able to breathe until her vision went black. She thought about the blood under her finger nails from clawing her way... she suddenly flinches when a voice nearby shouts.

"You disappear for over a year! Radio silence! And don't even tell me that you're back." A familiar voice yells towards her.

Jacob had told him that she was back. That she was different. But he had to see it for himself. The girl that he cared so much about but disappeared with out a word for over a year.

Turning around she straightens her posture. "Paul."

Paul stands a few feet away studying the brunette. Every inch of her body was covered in clothing, yet she used to love wearing shorts and a long T-shirt or sweatshirts everywhere she went no matter how cold it was.

She wore ankle boots to the beach, yet she would usually only ever go bare footed.

Her hair was down flowing in the wind yet she always had it tied up so that she could run around with out it getting in her face.

Her eyes. Her eyes that use to bring a bright smile to his face every time he noticed them light up. They were dark and dead. Like something sucked the life right out of them.

She had bags under her eyes that were never there before, and she was more tense than ever. Knowing if someone could read her, it was him.

"What happened to you?" He bluntly questions. Needing to know what happened to the one girl who could calm his inner wolf. Though he knew nothing about that at the moment.

Looking away from his questioning eyes she notices Bella and Jacob in the distance walking along the shore.

Diverting her eyes back towards the Lahote boy she answers simply. "I have no clue what you're talking about."

"Cut the crap Olivia!" He raises his voice. His quick temper getting the best of him. "You disappeared for a year! A year! Your dad was worried, Billy was worried! I was worried!"