Chapter One Hundred & Eleven: Stupid Cupboards

-Destruction leaves nothing in its wake

We arrive in Hogsmeade and the destruction of the Inn made me suck in a breath

"What happened?" I gape up at Tom.

"They blew it up."

I stare at him silently and roll my eyes. "You blew it up didn't you?"

"What? No." He glares at me, making a slight smile perk up on my lips.

"Tom."

"No. I'm not admitting anything."

"That's cause you did it." I retort back, eyes watching as the rest of our friends stood staring up at the burnt remains in sadness.

Aberforth looked heartbroken. He sees our arrival, thankfully preferring to not comment on our obscure torture methods and swoops all three of us in a hug.

"Thank god you are all alright. Valentine my child-...." He gapes at me. "Good lord you look like you just went to Hell and back." He winces and my eyes widen.

"Funny you should say that." I drawl, highly amused. "Come with us back to Hogwarts. It might be safe there?" I cringe slightly up at him and he scowls.

"Hogwarts is not safe. Parents have been extracting their students from the castle's grounds. After all those attacks.... the kidnapping of so many kids at a single time might shut down Hogwarts for good."

I see Tom bristle slightly. "Your home is with us now Tom. Even if Hogwarts shuts down you'll still have a home to go to." I state calmly into his head, eyes meeting his.

He relaxes, realizing the truth to my words. He wouldn't be going back to that orphanage ever again.

"Where do we go then? Our home is ruined." Ariana points out. She had her head rested on Tom's shoulders, eyes drooping in exhaustion.

"I can hold her if you'd like?" I ask Tom and he gives me a once over, seeing the tired expression on my own face.

"You look like you can barely hold yourself up." He sneers as a reply. I had no strength to reply.