"Hello there"

(A/n) I just want to thank all who are giving this story a chance and would like you to know this is my first ever story. If you have any feedback please let me know whether it is comments or grammar corrections. Please enjoy my story thank you all again for reading my lovely readers.)

It was Monday night and I had just got back from my part time job working at Ihop. I walked in through the door of my house, and after hanging up my coat and taking off my shoes I turned on the tv to catch the middle of the nightly news. I walked to the kitchen to get dinner ready and heard I was chopping up the carrots, "just in, inmate Issac Foster, the prime suspect for the kidnapping of "Rachel Gardner" has just escaped from prison and is now on the run. Police officials ask that if you have any information regarding Issac Foster, to call 911 (A/n) 911 is typically the number in the U.S. used to call for emergency's) and report the information immediately."

I couldn't say I was surprised that someone escaped from the county jail. It's not like it's their fault or anything it's just that the place wasn't built well and was in dire need of being reconstructed. Inmates got loose all the time, I was surprised that our town wasn't in trouble with the government for this. I went back to preparing the carrots when my phone alarm went off.

I sighed, time to go see mom, I thought. I scooped the carrots into a nearby bowl and walked back out to my car. I began my drive to the nearby medical center to see my mom. Ever since my dad died my mother hasn't been the same. I watched as she started to slip farther away day after day. The grief overtook her so much to where she developed schizophrenia. I have school on the weekdays and am unable to watch her so her doctor recommended that I should bring her to hospital so they could watch her. I agreed reluctantly thinking that they could watch her better for me. And that's were she has been for the last year.

*time skip*

I finally reached the hospital were I went inside to the front desk to sign the "sign in visitors" papers. "Welcome back Mrs. (L/n)" one of the doctors I passed in the hallway said. "Thank you" I responded. After reaching the ward where my moms room was located I noticed that the room was empty. I walked to the desk of the ward and asked, "umm, hello. Was Lauren (L/n) moved to another room by chance?" The nurse looked up at me before beginning to look through the patient files for my mom, "I don't think we moved any patients," she said while scrolling through, "but I could be wrong, no one ever tells me anything anymore" she sighed. "Here we are" she said as she found my mothers file, she scanned the page, then froze, and looked back up at me with sympathy in her eyes. "I'm sorry I have to be the one to tell you this darling but your mom passed away this afternoon in her sleep" she said in a soothing voice "didn't the hospital notify you?"

I couldn't move, couldn't comprehend. Not sure what to feel I looked down at my phone and sure enough there was a missed call from the hospital there. I stood there not knowing what to do, i was scared and sad, not from the fact that my mother had passed but because I couldn't feel anything. It felt like all the life in me had been completely drained. I felt hollow, like at any moment I would crash and shatter.

"Miss?" Asked the nurse, but I could barely hear her. Everything and everyone felt so far away. I turned around and walked back toward the entrance I had come from each one of my steps getting faster till I was practically running.
"Miss?" The nurse asked again. She then spoke into her walkie-talkie, "I have a woman in shock on floor x, ward xxx." I somehow made it out the door without a nurse catching me and into my car. I drove the rest of the way home in utter silence.

*time skip*

When I arrived home I sat on the couch turning off the tv. I sat there for who knows how long, I couldn't feel a thing. I got up and decided to get ready for bed, completely abandoning the carrots from earlier. Once I got into bed I just sat there starring at the ceiling. After about an hour there was a loud knock on the door. I got up the feeling still hollow in my stomach. I threw on my robe the knocking not stoping the whole time. I finally opened the door to find a figure with tattered and bloodied bandages and clothing standing there. "Hello there. Mind if I come in?" He said with a grin not so sane. One look at him and I finally felt something. I felt fear.

(A/n) sorry for the long chapter I will try to post as frequently as possible. There will be no official amount of episodes per week but my goal is around two to three per week. Keep in mind this will be a slow rolling romance and I'll try to keep the characters as original as possible but the characters might seem occ at times and I apologize for that. Anyway thank you for reading I hope you enjoy! :) )