CHAPTER SEVEN

Edward Cullen sits with his family as he stares out of the window tensely

Jasper was eyeing him from the couch, feeling his odd feelings. It was confusing the man.

Suddenly Edward gasps as he pulls on his frozen heart. "No!"

Feeling his Panic Jasper stands up quickly in worry. "What is it?"

"What's wrong Edward?" Eisner questions in worry. The whole family watching on intensely.

"Olivia." He gasps out before speeding out of the house at alarming speeds.

Jaspers eyes widen before following right after his adoptive brother in panic.

"What's going on?" Rosalie questions as her and Emmett walk into the room with intertwined hands.

"Something has happened with Olivia." Carlisle whispers sadly. Knowing from his research that a protecter only feels that panicked and scared when the person is very close to death.

Alice gasps loudly making everyone look towards her.

"What is it Alice?" Carlisle questions, looking at the pure terror on the girls face.

"She tried killing herself." She whispers barely audible.

Suddenly Rosalie feels guilty. Guilty because she wanted to kill this human only days before. When obviously the human already wanted to die. She often wondered if what the girl went through is what she went through.

"Do they make it in time?" Esme questions sadly.

"I don't know." Alice whispers. Looking down towards the floor. "I can't see her future."

"Jaspers going to be torn." Esme cries out, though no tears fall.

"Edward too." Carlisle reminds them all. "While Jasper may mourn a mate, it'll be like Edward losing a sister. A very important sister, is the closest I'll come to explaining what the others who have lost the person they were supposed to protect have felt."

"We should go to them." Rosalie suggests in a whisper.

Everyone agrees and slowly begin to get up from their original places. Dreading seeing the look on the two boys faces.

• • •
Edward speeds faster than he ever had before. He didn't know how he knew where Olivia was, he guessed it was a protecter thing.

He knew Jasper was behind him. He also knew Jasper could feel how scared he was right now.

He has this terrified feeling in his gut that wouldn't go away. And he realized why as soon as he neared the treaty line.

Olivias body was free falling down towards the rocks in the river. What scared him even more was the small smile on the girls face. It was barely noticeable but it was a relived smile. She wanted this.