BONUS: Wilder POV :D

So, this is basically Wilder's pov for issue zeroth: kiss and don't tell

I can't remember who gave me this suggestion :D 

Dedicating this to hype boi euphornium 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilder: should've been the first kiss 

When Kendra's hands slipped a little more south of my waist, I knew trouble was brewing. 

Her mouth moved fervently against mine as my lips froze. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I could still hear the muffled sounds from her party around the pool. I should've realized what was on her mind when she had apprehended me alone. But of course, my inebriated brain didn't think of all the rational possibilities. 

I kissed her back slowly, trying to reduce her pace and stroked her arms gently. To let her know that even though I wasn't opposed to making out, squeezing my butt fell in a territory that I wasn't ready to venture into yet. Not with her at least. 

"Let's go to my room," she spoke breathlessly against my mouth as she leaned back to peer up at me. I gazed into her hazel eyes, glittering under the dim lights of the backyard. I had my back pressed against some sort of a shed I assumed. I hadn't had the opportunity to explore her house fully yet anyway. 

"Er..." I tried to take a light humorous approach to the situation and smirked at her. "I don't think the host disappearing during the party makes for a very good host."

She giggled. "When the host's boyfriend is so fucking hot it's understandable."

She pressed her lips to mine again and this time, I gently held her waist and pushed her a little further away. She leaned back again, her eyes dark. "I...I think we should go back."

She sighed and nodded. I felt a pang in my chest. I had wanted to break up with her ever since I realized that she might genuinely like me much more than I liked her. However, every time that I had tried to break up with her, I somehow never had the guts. And now it was feeling like more of an obligation than a relationship. I turned away from her, returning towards the pool. Hoping that being in the midst of the crowd would help me feel less guilty. 

"Collins!" 

I turned around at Archer's voice and gave him what I hoped was a polite smile. He waved back at me and walked towards me with a drink in his hand that he handed to me. "Cheers, mate!"

He clinked our glasses together and I downed it along with him. Thankfully, Kendra had wandered off to her girlfriends which was a relief for me. I was dreading the time when I would have to make up to her. I knew that such kind of rejection was always a massive blow to self-confidence. However, she was gorgeous. Smart. Strong. I hoped she wouldn't think too much of it. Apart from the fact that she would probably have an inkling that I wasn't as straight as I claimed to be.

But hell, even spaghetti is only straight until it's in water. 

"We got that match against Jamieson High. Coach Bradman has been on about how good they are but-" I winced when he slapped me on the back, " I think we got it, yo."

I sighed softly so that he wouldn't hear. Under normal circumstances, I may have been interested to discuss about the match, however, I had just spotted two figures at the far end of the room, and I couldn't take my eyes off from one of them.

Nico.

 My heart lurched painfully in my chest when I saw Marien talking to him, standing a little closer than necessary. He smiled politely and nodded to something she had said, shuffling his feet like he did whenever he felt awkward. I gazed at him for a while, somehow able to see the characteristic sparkle in his eyes even from so far away. My heart ached with a familiar pain. It was easier when I didn't see him at school, because every time that I did, my chest seemed to collapse upon itself like a massive blackhole giving in to the force of gravity at the end of its days.