CHAPTER EIGHT

Olivia sits numbly on the Cullens couch with bloodshot puffy eyes

Olivia sits numbly on the Cullens couch with bloodshot puffy eyes. "Why did you save me?" She breaks the silence.

It was just her and Jasper in the room, Edward had protested and almost fought his family because he wanted to be there only for Carlisle to tell him that their mate bond might help her.

"I couldn't let you die." He confesses like it was some secret.

"But you could've." She whispers, staring straight at the wall. "And you should've."

"Your life may not matter to you but it does to me. And to your sister and father." He says, standing up and pacing around the room.

"Why does it matter to you?" She questions innocently. Making Jasper pause as he sees the real Olivia peeking through. She looked so much younger, now she looked like a little girl that the world broke. Instead of the heartless woman that he had seen the past couple of months.

"I'm sure you've noticed that me and my family aren't normal." He says softly, attempting to see her reaction. Though she remains impassive.

"I've noticed." She nods her head. "What are you?"

Jasper sits there silently for a moment, if he had a heart it would be beating out of his chest. "Vampires."

Gauging her reaction she simply shrugs. "Makes sense."

"Are... are you okay?" He questions with his mouth agape like a fish.

And for the first time in a year she laughs. It was short lived, but everyone in the house heard it. And it made Edward smile widely from where he stood right behind the entry way out of sight. Obviously Jasper knew he was there.

Carlisle walks behind the copper haired boy putting a hand on his shoulder with a small smile. "I told you. They're fine. She's okay. Go."

Edward nods slowly and with one last glance at the entry way walks away, leaving the house to go watch his mate while she slept. He knew that her and Charlie just figured that she locked herself in her room. They weren't worried about her where abouts.

"What... why are you laughing?" Jasper says in concern. "Should I call Carlisle. I think you hit your head."

As he opens his mouth to call out towards his adoptive father his mouth is sealed shut with a soft hand.

"I'm fine." She rolls her eyes. "Why are you so freaked out?"

"I don't know ma'am, maybe because I just told you that you were in a house full of vampires and it didn't phase you." He points out the obvious.

"Okay first of all, don't call me ma'am I'm not fifty years old. Second of all what's the big deal?" She sasses. Seeming to be warming up to him fairly fast.

Side eyeing her Jasper shouts out before she could stop him. "Carlisle!"

Rolling her eyes she crosses her arms and lets out of a puff of air and sinks back into the couch.

Carlisle walks in with a semi amused facial expression having heard the whole conversation.

"Somethings wrong with her." Jasper bluntly says. "Please check her head for any injuries."

"Jasper nothings wrong with her." Carlisle assures the blonde, though he is forced to do a physical analysis when the blonde relents.

"Nothing is wrong Jasper." Carlisle repeats before leaving the room.

"Why aren't you scared? I can't feel your emotions." Jasper blurts out.

"Feel my emotions?" Olivia murmurs to herself confused.

"Some of us have gifts. Edward can read thoughts. Alice can see the future. And I can feel others feelings." He explains briefly as he studies the girl.

"Edward can read minds?" She automatically begins to panic.

Seeing this Jasper places a hand on her knee in comfort. "He can't read yours, or Bella's. Don't worry."

She immediately lets out a breath of relief. "I'm not scared because I know you won't hurt me, and frankly I'm not very afraid of anything."

"How do you know I won't hurt you. We drink animal blood instead of humans but I could slip at any time." He says, angered that she didn't seem to care about her own health.

"Because you or Edward would have already if you were going to." She says matter of fact. "And the thought of dying doesn't scare me."

"Well it should!" Jasper shouts as he stands to his feet once again. "You should care about your life. I don't know what I would do if you died! I couldn't live with myself Olivia."

Feeling the sudden urge to calm him she stands to her feet and slowly approaches him as he begins frantically ranting in panic. Placing her hands on his shoulders he immediately stops his rant. "It's okay." She attempts to comfort him.

"Please don't leave me Darling." He whispers as he stares into her bright brown eyes.

"I-I can't promise that." She says beginning to back away from Jasper.

"Let's make a deal." He says, coming up with an idea.

Looking towards him Unsurely due to his sudden mood change she says. "What kind of deal?"

"Give me a year. A year to make you want to live again. And if I don't succeed..." he pauses taking a deep breath. "I'll let you... do what you wish."

"A year... Jasper that's." She doesn't even finish her sentence. The thought of living like this for another year was already tormenting her.

"Six months." He bargains, so much hope and confidence in his eyes that has her slowly melting.

"O-okay... six months... and then you have to let me go." She nods her head slowly.

"No." He says as an automatic response. She snaps her head towards him in disbelief.

"Ok... sorry. Yes." He grits out painfully.

She sits on the couch letting out a puff of air. "Okay..."

He sits besides her staring at her intensely. "Can I hug you?"

She looks at him weirdly before shrugging her shoulders. "Sure."

He slips an arm around her shoulders and instead of hugging her he brings her into a cuddle. They both had their feet kicked up on the ottoman as he wraps both of his arms around her and nuzzles his head in her neck. After almost losing her the bloodlust didn't even bother him at this particular moment.

She hesitantly puts her hand on top of his. Her body slowly relaxes in his hold and within a few minutes she's softly snoring. And for the first time in over a year, her dreams aren't plagued with nightmares.