Chapter 123

On the night of Slughorn's Christmas party, Sirius and Jenna made their way toward the potion master's office along with Lily and James.

It wasn't an unknown fact that Sirius and James were the most good looking boys in their year, but that night they sure made an extra effort as they wore their best tuxes.

"I'm already bored," Sirius said moodily the moment they walked into the office.

"Ah! Welcome, welcome, all of you!" Slughorn beamed at the four Gryffindors, walking toward them with a drink in his hand. "Miss Evans, how are you on this fine evening?"

"Great, thank you, Professor," said Lily, smiling at him politely.

"Well, come in, come in! There are many whom I would like you to meet!" Slughorn told Lily, laughing cheerfully. "You too, Mr. Potter. Our two new Heads... Bright futures ahead of you, it's clear to me!"

So Slughorn led Lily and James away to meet celebrated authors or important Ministry officials.

"Thank Merlin Lily's his favorite and not me." Jenna sighed in relief. "I really couldn't care less about the stupid writer of — oh, look! Is that Bathilda Bagshot?"

"So much for not caring," said Sirius with a grin as Jenna gaped at the witch excitedly.

"From what Dad told me, Bathilda was a friend of my grandmother's," Jenna explained. "I'd never met her in person, though."

"Well," Sirius started, "let's hope she's not as boring as her book, because thanks to her, I learned how to sleep with my eyes open in Professor Binn's history class."

Jenna chuckled before taking Sirius's hand, leading him away. "C'mon. Let's go get something to drink."

The two moved toward a corner and away from the crowd as they drank their glass of wine.

"You'll come to our house for Christmas eve, though, right?" Jenna asked Sirius, looking up at him with a hopeful smile.

"Of course." Sirius grinned. "Who else do I have to go to?"

"Well, next year it would be just the two of us," Jenna said with a mischievous glimmer in her hazel eyes.

"What?"

"Cause I would've moved in with you by that time," she explained, watching Sirius's face light up.

He leaned down, pecking her softly on the lips, whispering, "I can't wait."

But just then, they turned their heads and came to a halt when the door opened and two others walked inside.

Jenna felt Sirius become tense as Regulus Black entered Slughorn's office, accompanied by a girl with long raven black hair.

Sirius looked away immediately, drinking up the rest of his drink in one sip, trying to avoid eye contact with his brother.

But Jenna was looking at them curiously. "She's that Ravenclaw girl, isn't she? Something Starling... they'd found her parents' dead bodies last year... poor girl."

"Then what is she doing with him?" said Sirius bitterly, pouring himself another glass.

"Dunno." Jenna shrugged. "All I know about her is that she hangs out with that blond Ravenclaw Quidditch captain; Mike Williams. He's really good, you know. Ravenclaw came second last year. They're great competition."

But Sirius wasn't listening as he frowned, lost in his thoughts.

"Sirius?" Jenna said softly, putting her hand gently on his arm as she looked up at him worriedly. "Look... if it bothers you so much, why don't you go talk to him? Just try to make things right between the two of you."

Sirius scoffed grimly. "He made it very clear last year that he has nothing to do with me anymore."

"He said all those things out of anger," Jenna tried to reason. "And do you honestly blame him? You had left him alone in that horrible house."

"He loves that house," Sirius said sharply. "He's always been mother's precious little boy."

Jenna sighed, not knowing what else she was supposed to say to possibly make him feel better.

"This party sucks," Sirius finally said with a huff, putting down his glass moodily. "I'll see you later." And before Jenna could react, Sirius turned on his heels and strode out of the office.

Putting down her drink, Jenna ran after him, trying to catch up with Sirius as he was pacing quickly down the deserted corridor.

"Why do you always try to keep your emotions locked up?" Jenna called after him, but he didn't slow down. "Maybe you'd feel better if you talked to me about it."

Sirius said nothing. He didn't even turn around to look at her as he picked up his pace.

"I'm tired of your stubbornness, Black!" she shouted after him but then in a quick motion she leaped forward and grabbed onto his arm, stopping him. "Fine, don't talk. There are other ways to manipulate your stubborn arse."

"What are you —" But before Sirius could get the words out, Jenna had threw her arms around his neck, bringing him down into a deep kiss.

Sirius closed his eyes and immediately melted into it as he wrapped his arms around her waist, forgetting for a minute why he was even mad in the first place and who he was even mad at.

Without breaking the kiss, they moved backward until they reached the door behind them and opened it, getting inside the deserted classroom and closing its door again.

But Sirius was suddenly caught off guard when Jenna pushed him against the door, kissing him passionately.

Her lips then left his and travelled down his neck, kissing a spot that made Sirius let a groan escape his throat.

"Down boy." Jenna chuckled, pulling away.

"Look at you, Jenny." Sirius smirked down at her. "Who would've thought you had this side to you... and here I was, thinking that you were a good girl."

"Well, then get ready to be proven wrong," Jenna whispered before yanking on Sirius's collar, pulling him down for another kiss.