Chapter 20

Two months later...

It's been two months since Blake proposed, and they've been filled with nothing but pure joy. Our bonds have deepened, not just between Blake and me, but with everyone. We've become a true family. Cassandra, though maintaining her usual demeanour, no longer bothers us."

These two months flew by, leaving us with just one more month before our final exams. The guys had been putting in intense practice for the past month, gearing up for the crucial football match tomorrow. It holds significant importance for them since recruiters from various colleges will be attending. I sincerely hoped that their hard work would pay off, and they would be selected for promising opportunities ahead.

We had collectively decided to pursue education at the same college, harbouring the dream of renting a house and living together as a close-knit family. Each one of us was putting in dedicated efforts to secure the grades needed for admission. However, considering the intellectual prowess of Blake and Noah, there was a lingering doubt about whether we could all make it. The upcoming football match held significant weight for them, serving as a crucial pathway to ensure they could join us at the same college.

As the school day came to an end, the boys continued their rigorous practice, fine-tuning their skills for the upcoming match. Meanwhile, the girls headed home.

With my parents making more frequent visits, the prospect of being in the same room with them seemed like a recipe for disaster. As a result, I found myself sitting there, watching the boys practice, intentionally avoiding the idea of going home.

Blake would blow a kiss whenever our eyes met, and Noah, being his usual mischievous self, couldn't resist imitating him, often earning himself a playful slap. The practice went well, and as it concluded, everyone dispersed. The boys headed to change and collect their bags.

However, on the way, Raymond, in a moment of mischief, tripped Noah. In a sudden turn of events, Noah collided with the goal post and, with a swift whoosh, blacked out. The rest of us immediately rushed towards him in concern.

The boys frantically shook Noah, but there was no response. "Someone bring the water!" I shouted. Parker quickly retrieved a water bottle from the bag, and we sprayed it across Noah's face. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at all of us, visibly confused.

And you won't believe what this guy did next...

He cried, and not just a few tears, Noah literally cried his eyes out. Despite it being just a small bump, the shock had overwhelmed him. There wasn't a scratch on him, but the poor thing sobbed like a three-year-old. The boys, finding the situation unexpectedly amusing, were on the floor laughing, which only made Noah cry even more.

"Shh, it's okay. Don't cry. We'll buy you ice cream," I reassured him, offering a comforting hug. Surprisingly, Noah's tears ceased instantly, and he nonchalantly dusted off his pants.

"I want the bigger one," he declared before heading off towards the car. Was this guy for real? All of this drama for an ice cream.

"Come on. He's always like that," Blake chuckled, helping me up and giving me a peck on the lips.

Noah refused to budge until we bought him the ice cream, insisting on the larger size with all the flavours. Finally, we headed home, our eventful day ending with a sweet treat and Noah's victorious grin.

The next day....

The next day arrived swiftly, and the anticipation for the match was palpable. It marked the last game of the year and held significant importance for everyone involved.

We gathered to wish the boys luck. Cassandra shot me a disdainful look, but I simply shrugged it off. Waiting near the field, we watched as the boys approached. Each of them received a lucky kiss from their girlfriends, leaving only Noah and Matt as the unfortunate exceptions. The two of them started playfully complaining about their missed opportunity for a pre-game kiss.

"Come here, you two," I exclaimed, pulling Noah and Matt into a bear hug and planting kisses on their cheeks. They grinned widely, their spirits lifted.

"Now go kick their butts!" Emma shouted with enthusiasm.

We took our seats, joining the excited crowd. Cheers erupted for both teams as the atmosphere buzzed with energy. The match had everyone on the edge of their seats; the opposing team proved to be formidable competition. The intensity of the game heightened as the crowd roared in support.

"Kick it, baby, or you are never touching me again!" Ella shouted, causing poor Parker to give a horrified look. The people around us shot annoyed glances our way. Swiftly realising the potential embarrassment, we pulled her back, preventing further antics.

With the score now tied and only one minute remaining, everyone sat on the edge of their seats, nervously biting their nails. The ball was in Noah's possession, and he swiftly passed it to Blake. An opposing team member attempted to intercept, but Blake expertly dodged the challenger, delivering a powerful kick. All eyes were fixed on the ball as it sailed through the air, finding its mark directly in the net. The crowd erupted into cheers as our team secured the lead in the final moments of the match.

The entire crowd went wild with excitement. The boys were hugging and running around like crazy. Eager to join the celebration, we headed down to meet them, but the crowd around the boys was impenetrable. Patiently waiting for the chaos to subside, we finally approached them after everyone else had left. However, Blake was nowhere to be seen.

"You guys rocked it!" I exclaimed, giving them all a heartfelt hug. Jessie then shouted, "Group hug!"

"Where is Blake?" I asked, scanning the crowd for any sign of him.

"He was right here," Matt replied.

"I'll go search for him," I said, determined to find Blake, and left the group to track him down.

I searched for him on the field, in the boys' locker room, and throughout the entire school, but he was nowhere to be found. Desperation set in as I tried calling him, only to discover he had left his phone in the bag.

"Did you find him?" Mark asked.

"No. I searched the whole school, but I couldn't find him," I replied.

"Did you check the parking lot?" Noah suggested. I shook my head in response. We hurried to the parking lot; by now, most of the cars had left, leaving only a few behind.

As we searched the parking lot, we heard some noise emanating from the corner. Intrigued, we followed the sound.

The scene before us made my face go pale. A gasp escaped the girls' mouths. There, in the corner, we witnessed Blake and Cassandra kissing. Startled by our presence, they quickly separated. Blake's panicked gaze met mine, and everyone around me wore expressions of pity.

Overwhelmed with emotions, I couldn't bear to face the situation. Before anyone could say anything, I ran. I sprinted away from the scene, oblivious to the calls from those behind me. Footsteps echoed, attempting to catch up, but nothing deterred me. The image of Blake and Cassandra kissing replayed in my mind relentlessly. I didn't know my destination; I just ran. The echo of footsteps eventually faded, but I continued running until I felt far away from everything.

________________________

Cliffhanger. 🤯

Guess what would happen until the next update.

Please vote, comment and share.

Thank you.

-Love J.❤️