Jet

we set up camp in a forest somewhere on the main continent - my map skills are shit okay don't ask.

we needed a rest so we didn't do much apart from chat.

'you were terrified' i said to sokka

'i was not!' he said, loudly and defensively, knocking some leaves off a tree.

katara giggled, 'you so were, we could see it in your eyes when you told them to take us!'

'hey! zuko was literally about to kill us there and then why wouldn't i be scared?!'

we laughed for a minute until aang spoke up, 'wheres momo'

just then, momos yowl echoed through the forest.

we followed it to a series of traps that held animals.

'hang on momo!' shouted aang as he climbed up the tree to free our lemur from the snare.

we brought the trap down and undid it, releasing momo back out to be with us.

'all right - you too.' said aang, leaving to get the other animals out.

sokka inspected the traps, 'these are fire nation traps—you can tell from the metalwork. we'd better pack up camp, and get moving.'

we pulled our sleeping bags shut and tied up our bags.

'ah-ah...no flying this time.' said sokka, taking the rolls of gear off of appas back.

'what?' said katara

'why wouldn't we fly?' asked aang, sitting on appas back.

'think about it. somehow prince zuko and the fire nation keep finding us. it's because they spot appa—he's just too noticeable.' he replied, actually talking sense.

i froze up when he said zukos name but luckily no one noticed,they were too busy arguing.

' what! appa's not too noticeable!'

' he's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head—it's kinda hard to miss him!' shouted sokka, pointing at appas fur.

he had a point.

aang looked at appa and gently mused, 'sokka's just jealous cause he doesn't have an arrow.'

'arrows are cool' i agreed, high-fiving aang

'i know you all want to fly, but my instincts tell me we should play it safe this time and walk.' said sokka

katara taunted him, 'who made you the boss?'

'i'm not the boss - i'm the leader.' he replied.

i coughed

'you're the leader? but your voice still cracks!' said katara, incredulously.

'i'm the oldest and i'm a warrior,' said sokka, his voice cracking, 'so...i'm the leader!'

'sokka let's not forget who the actual oldest is here' i said

'if anyone's the leader, it's aang. i mean, he is the avatar.' said katara

'are you kidding—he's just a goofy kid!'

'he's right.' said aang.

katara looked at me, 'why do boys always think someone has to be the leader?'

she looked back at sokka, 'i bet you wouldn't be so bossy if you kissed a girl.'

i went silent and sokka blushed, 'i-i've kissed a girl - you...just haven't met her.'