Chapter 43

"Look what she did! She's not a protector, she's a witch!"

I fight the urge to roll my eyes at the male. It's hard, but I succeed.

I slowly sit down beside the wolf, gently stroking his fur. It's the same colour as a normal wolf would have, grey with a small amount of white.

"Reon?" I mumble softly, trying to make him return to consciousness as calmly as possible. My concerns for Luke are being pushed to the back of my mind by something that resembles my Guardian-mode, prioritising the animal before him.

The wolf stirs slightly, before his eyes opens. They're big yellow eyes, a darker yellow shade than Lucy's.

"What happened?" he asks, clearly confused. He doesn't make any big movements, which is a smart move from his side. I take notice of how his voice isn't as dark as before. I also notice in how well muscled he is.

"Arí split you and Peter up." I explain bluntly, since that's what it is.

I try to sense what Reon feels about this, but I'm not able to since the Beta, who's name I haven't put in my memory, stalks closer.

"Tell me what happened."

It's a statement that's supposed to scream power, but it doesn't. He seems insecure, unsure about me. His eyes flicker around, not directly meeting mine. He alongside the other pack members seems unable to react.

"The Moon Goddess split them up in their wolf and human sides." I repeat my answer easily, focusing on Reon again. He seems slightly confused at the moment, but he'll be okay.

"How's that possible?" the Beta asks, his confusion clear.

I ignore his question, as it doesn't take a genius to figure that out, and ask a question of my own instead.

"Who gets the spot as Alpha now when Peter is a normal human being?" I ask, as I glance over at the unconscious man I have no intentions on helping recover.

The Beta shift his weight from one leg to anther, showing his discomfort. It's like he's unsure about the situation, unsue if he wants me to hear the truthful answer.

"Luke." he finally answers. "If he's alive."

He adds the last part almost tauntingly, mocking me. He's still not over this. The question is if he'll ever be.

I shoot up to my legs and power-walk over Emight's numb from. It's like the fence keeping those thoughts away collapses, letting them loose at the same time. I feel the eyes of every werewolf here follow my movements, but I couldn't care less. My emotions are set on pause, so is my care. It's a strategy to not break down in this second.

"He's breathing, but not much more." Mark mumbles, as he and the other ones back of when I arrive.

I nod shortly, and sit down at the big brown wolf's head, carefully bringing into my lap.

Yeah, he's breathing. Thank Goddess.

I examine Emight closely, my eyes traveling along his slim brown form. He had his back against the tree, indicating that he hit it with his spine.

Not good.

If it's a damage to the spine, I can't move him. But if I'm going to be able to heal him, I need to move him, otherwise he can't make I to The Tree, which is my intention.

The realisation hits me like a punch to my guts.

No, no, no, no no, no.

I feel tears prickling my eyes, when suddenly the light shifts around me. It flickers, trembles and reforms.

As it changes, I hear the werewolves around us scream and yell. Some in terror, some in fear.

But before Im able to reply, I'm in a dim lit glade. it has a glittering green pond before me, with long white birch roots covering it.

I'm at the Tree.

------------
A/N:

Let's end this where life begins, right? (I'm practically crying by now but well well.)

So. It's 45 chapters in total, and an epilogue. So if I kill of Luke by now... Samantha can become the Lonley Luna! What a.... hORRIBLE ENDING!!!

But who knows. Maybe that's the ending. I'm not saying anything.

//siggeisthedog