five !

chapter five
allison

"did you apologise to allison?" kida pushed herself around the corner of the lockers, leaning her head on stiles' shoulder from her place behind him. scott simply replied with a small yeah, leading kida and stiles to give each other a look. "so is she giving you a second chance or...?" scott nodded again, causing kida and stiles to jump around in excitement, deflating when scott mentioned the hunters, more specifically, that allison's dad was one. "allison's dad?" stiles was struggling to wrap his head around it all. "shot me." kida tilted her head in confusion, the head that was still resting on stiles' shoulder.

"allison's dad?" they all stared into space as they tried to understand it all. "with a crossbow." kida looked between her two idiotic best friends, sighing and hitting her head on the lockers. "allison's father?" scott sighed exasperatedly and hit the lockers behind him, turning to stiles angrily. "yes, her father!" stiles instantly shut his mouth, looking down to the floor guiltily. kida rubbed his arm comfortingly, glaring at scott from her place behind stiles. "there was no need to yell at him." stiles smiled down at the blonde girl, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as a thanks.

the three of them made their way out onto the lacrosse field, jackson already gunning for scott as it was, and now kida and stiles had a target on their backs. kida was up first, gripping the stick between her hands and sprinting forward, dodging around jackson and launching the ball right into the back of the net. "nice work, kida! that's how it's done ladies." she gave a small boy, moving to stand beside stiles to watch scott's turn. she winced as scott was thrown to the floor by jackson, seeing coach whispering words of an insulting and utterly dickish nature in his ear. "mccall's gonna do it again!"

"oh shit, here we go." kida headbutted stiles' shoulder a few times, watching in anticipation at her best friend. she jumped as scott collided with jackson, sending the latter to the floor, clutching his shoulder in agony. she grabbed the front of stiles' jersey, dragging him towards where scott was on his knees, crying out in pain. kida saw the yellow glowing from his usually brown orbs, hauling the brunette boy up and towards the locker rooms. she jumped back into stiles as the boy roared at them, telling them to get away from him.

she let out a cry as the boy pounced on her, his bared fangs above her face as his claws slashed down her side. the scratches weren't deep, but they led from the top of her rib cage to the bottom of her left hip. she screamed as his claws dragged through the skin, cowering away into the corner of the locker rooms when stiles sprayed the big with a fire extinguisher. he moved away from them, sitting on the bench and catching his breath. "stiles? what happened?" stiles had run to kida's aid, lifting her shirt and inspecting the scratches their best friend had given her.

"you almost killed kida. that's what happened." the boy's words were harsh, cutting almost as deeply as scott's claws did. stiles' hands carefully cupped her waist, running his thumbs across her hips. "hey, it's not his fault. i'm okay." when scott saw his best female friend slumped in the corner with blood soaking her shirt, he felt his heart drop to his stomach, rushing over to pull her into a gentle hug. he placed soft kisses on the top of her head, telling her over and over how sorry he was. "guys, i'm fine. it's a scratch, i've had way worse."

————

the three best friends stood behind the corner of the hallway, spying on stiles' dad and a deputy talking to the principal. "scotty, what are they saying?" kida's hand was tucked into scott's, the boy refusing to let go of her after what he did to her. "curfew because of the body." kida shook her head, feeling her legs getting tired from holding up her body. stiles noticed this, wrapping an arm around the girl's shoulders and holding her into his side. "unbelievable. my dad's out looking for a rabid animal, while the jerkoff who actually killed the girl is hanging out, doing whatever he wants."

"derek's so creepy. i don't like him." stiles looked down at the girl, choosing to ignore what she said and focus on the task at hand. "i can do something." and with that, stiles dragged kids away, and back towards their next class, one that didn't have scott it in. the two decided to take ap math, which was the worst decision kida had ever made. after school, kida was taken to stiles' house, and from there they were summoned to scott's house, who believed he had found something.

"he took a lot of adderall, i couldn't stop him." the girl shrugged, flopping down onto scott's bed and closing her eyes. "i found something at derek hale's. somethings buried there, i could smell blood." kida grimaced at the brunette boy in front of her, a sick feeling beginning to overwhelm her stomach and throat. "that's disgusting." he simply shrugged the girl's comment off, telling stiles how he needed to help him play the game without changing, otherwise he'd lose allison for good. kida thought it was cute, how he was hopelessly in love with the girl, wishing someone could love her like that.

"you know how much i hate the hospital." kida grumbled as stiles pulled her out of roscoe, his hand latched onto her dainty wrist. "this plan is ridiculous, do you want to be named as a necrophiliac? you're sneaking into a morgue." stiles held a hand over the girl's mouth, pulling her over to the receptionist desk, spotting lydia sitting in the waiting room. kida could feel the second hand embarrassment as the buzzcutted boy tried to talk to her, the girl slumping down into her chair and pretending she didn't know stiles at all.

the girl could feel herself slipping into the abyss of fatigue, the day's events taking a huge toll on her mind. she let her chin rest on the palm of her hand, letting sleep overwhelm her body. she felt two strong arm wrap around her small frame, opening her eyes ever so slightly so see stiles carrying her out of the hospital. she closed her eyes again, nuzzling into the warmth of his body and sighing in content. "i love you kie." he placed a soft kiss on her forehead, taking her back to roscoe so she could sleep peacefully in the backseat.

"so you found half a dead body while i was napping?"