Chapter 42

This is an impossible decision. Anakin will not let me die, but he also will not let anything happen to the others. I want to help him but I know I cannot. I may be strong, but I don't believe I am strong enough to overpower the Daughter.

Our lives are in his hands.

"You must now release the guilt and free yourself by choosing." The Father demands.

Anakin's eyes lock with my own. I do not dare to look away, fearing that this could be the last time I see him. I take the moment to memorise every last feature of him, even if we are standing a fair distance away.

A sharp ache appears in my heart as Anakin's emotions blend into my own. His heart is breaking.  The people in this arena with him are the ones he loves most. Losing any of us will destroy him.

"No!" Anakin yells furiously.

"Their powers are too strong for us, Anakin!" Obi Wan calls from beside me.

He's right. There's nothing any of us can do. My gaze meets Cal's from across the arena. He is struggling in the grip of the Son. He and Ahsoka are too young to meet their ends here. 

"Save Cal and Ahsoka!" I beg. "Please." I add through our connection.

The Daughter seems to flinch slightly after I mentally connect with Anakin. Communicating with him through the force while so close to her may not have been wise. She surely has felt it.

"Let them go." Anakin demands, turning his burning stare to the Father.

His tone is softer now, which only makes him more terrifying. He is mad to the point where he seems calm. 

"Only you can make my children release them." The Father explains.

"Anakin!" Obi Wan calls, "The planet is the Force. Use it."

He's right. The planet is a physical embodiment of the force. By using that and my force energy as well as his own, he will be unbeatable. 

"Draw from me." I say mentally to Anakin.

He looks at me and gives me a small nod. Anakin concentrates on the force essence within me. I can feel it draining from my body, like blood from a deep wound. It is making me feel weaker, but I must remain strong.

"You will let them go!" Anakin demands.

He swings his arms outward, letting out a massive wave of force energy. This knocks the Son and the Daughter backward, but it isn't enough to stop them.

I can feel my energy draining more and more by the second as Anakin summons my power. He is far stronger than any of us on his own, but channeling my added strength whilst on a planet made from the Force increases his power to an indescribable extent. 

This is proof that he is the Chosen One.

Anakin raises his left arm, lifting the Daughter, Obi Wan, and I in the air slightly. He does the same for the Son, who lifts Cal and Ahsoka. We hover mere metres above the ground.

As he channels the force, the sky above us changes from day to night. The ground on which we were standing becomes illuminated with small spectacles of light shooting upward. The sight is mesmerising.

He moves his hands downward, first releasing Cal and Ahsoka and then Obi Wan and I from the clutches of the force wielders. My body begs for me to rest but I will not. Anakin still needs my power.

Once we are safely on the ground, Anakin moves his arms inward, drawing both the Son and Daughter toward him before throwing them into the walls behind them. They get back up quickly and prepare to attack. Obi Wan and I activate our lightsabers to defend from any incoming strikes. Anakin stops the Daughter before she can do anything to us and brings her to the ground alongside the Son.