seven

(Y/N) POV

"Okay, before we go in... I'm not, supposed to have men on the premises." Tina stated, as we were currently situated behind an automobile.

"In that case, Mr. Kowalski and I, along with (Y/N), can easily seek other accommodation." Newt attempts to turn around and walk away, only to be pulled back.

"Oh no you don't" She grabs Kowalski, helping him walk across the road to her apartment. Newt and I following very closely behind, as I swear the woman has eyes in the back of her head, If we ran for it, she'd know.

"That you, Tina?" A lady from another room calls out as we walk up the stairs.

"Yes, Mrs Esposito!" Tina shouted.

"Are you alone?"

"Always alone, Mrs Esposito!"

As we walk through the door, a soft voice fills the room.

"Teenie, you brought guests home?" A blonde woman, wearing only a silk cover steps out. Kowalski stands in the middle of the room star-struck, almost as if it were Coco Chanel standing their before him.

"You want to put something on Queenie?" Tina asks.

"Sure," and with the wave of her wand, a dress comes off the mannequin and onto her body.

"So, who are they?" Queenie questions.

"That's Mr Scamander and Miss (L/N)." She gestured to the two of us before continuing. "They committed a serious infraction of the National Statute of Secrecy."

"They're criminals?"

"Uh-huh," Tina nods. "And this is Mr. Kowalski, he's a no-maj."

"A no-maj?" Queenie queries. "Teen, what are you up to?"

"He's sick, its a long story." Tina sighs. "They have lost something, I'm going to help find."

"Oh, you need to sit down honey." Queenie lightly jogs up to Mr. Kowalski and sits him on the couch. "He hasn't eaten all day," she pouts. "That's rough, he didn't get the money he wanted for his bakery. You bake honey?" She smiles. "I love to cook."

"You're a legilimens?" Newt asks.

"Uh-huh, yeah. But I always have trouble with your kind. Brits. Its the accent." She replies.

"You know how to read minds?" Kowalski is shocked by the fact. It is quite a rare talent among witches and wizards.

"Don't worry, honey. Most guys think what you was thinking, first time they see me." She giggles. I couldn't help but wonder, was Newt thinking the same? I was too lost in my thoughts to notice the slight smile Queenie had aimed in my direction, stood next to Newt. "Now you need food," She tapped Kowalski's knee with her wand before wandering into the kitchen.

As the two sisters were quarrelling in the kitchen about Tina's hot dog choice for lunch, Newt and I had exchanged a look. We both knew what it meant, 'we need to find out what creatures are gone, and where to find them.' We were slowly inching to the door when Queenie's voice brought us back to the harsh reality of being forced into someone's home.

"Hey, Mr. and Mrs. Scamander, you prefer pie or strudel?" Queenie grins.

"Oh no- we aren't- we..." I was quite flustered. Tina had introduced me earlier as Miss (L/N) had she not? My sentence was cut off by Newt's voice.

"I don't really have a preference." Newt did a signature awkward smile before looking down. He didn't deny anything? Could this mean- no, he just didn't think anything of it.