Chaoter twenty one

Pain: a sharp jolt of electricity, that's what severed my tie to Anakin out of the blue. I cried out Immediately as I tried to lurch away from the agonising contact around my wrists. My eyes screwed shut and my breathing became ragged and shallow as I attempted to shield myself with the force. Through the blues and echoes I could here a metallic matching, feel hundreds of lifeless metal shells moving out into the arena. I mentally flew once again into panic, knowing Anakins situation had just grown far worse than my own.

Just as I was about to try and protest again, step forward and stop this madness, someone's bare hand loved to grip my wrists. Becoming aware of the familiar presence I relaxed a little, holding my wrists out as they used the force to un-clasp the bonds. Meanwhile I became aware of another friendly presence walking in towards the viewing area, a powerful aura around him as he stepped out into the light and ignited his unique purple saber, the action closing followed by my master lighting her magenta one and pulling me close protectively.

"This party if over." Mace said boldly while Dooku and the others turned around, the mandolorian drawing one of his guns. I felt kind of helpless given I didn't have my saber, but I also felt safe now as more and more Jedi presences appeared throughout the stadium and the big creatures began to take flight.

"My friend you can't hope to win, you are impossibly outnumbered." Dooku spoke smoothly, the sound of battle droids filling the air from behind us. Mace stepped forward and began to deflect blaster fire, sharing a look with my master and his old apprentice that I'm sure she understood. Kaida immediately grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side while defending against the mandolorian, backing towards the edge of the balcony. I looked down and gulped, it was a long drop to the arena floor.

"Hold on to me." Kaida instructed while moving my hand to her waist and on to the thick harness belt she'd been wearing under her black cloak. My eyes widened as I began to realising what she was planning, looking back over my shoulder at the drop with understandable fear.

"Kaida Wait!-I don't think that-

To late, we were already free falling towards the battle below, Mace not far above. My master was reckless-maybe more so than Anakin, but I knew that when I was assigned to her, I just always tended to hope things would work out alright in the end. The woman expertly manoeuvred herself through the air around me in the few seconds we had, holding me tight as we landed with her square on her feet. She quickly pulled me up to my feet and over towards what little cover the arena walls could provide for us.

"Can you fight?" She asked straight off the cuff while removing her cloak completely: revealing that she'd been wearing a black and grey jumpsuit underneath with leather harness straps. Probably the outfit from her last uncover mission.

"Yes master." I replied with a nod despite still feeling a little light headed and my lightsaber arm still being sore, I was determined to help however I could.

"Good, take this," she said while unclipping a saber from her belt and thrusting it towards me. I accepted the unfamiliar hilt into my tired hand and getting a feel for the weight and texture. "I'm going to assist Mace, you stay safe near the back." She instructed once again with a serious spark in her ocean eyes. Looking at her I was reminded of how much I missed Anakins softer sky blue gaze, hers being of a more fiery, electric hue.

"Yes master understood." I replied with a nod, watching as she cracked a small smile towards me before running off towards the front line of defence. My attention immediately turned to the other side of the battle, picking out wear seemed to need some extra assistance. My eyes danced across the battle field until they found an upturned carriage were blaster fire appeared to be shooting out back towards the droids.