Reconnecting

Jahlil POV

It's been 3 months since me and Malachi made up and I still feel like we've been distant.

Malachi still hasn't moved back into our room to "give me space" but I don't want space. I want him.

We're getting closer and closer to our due date for our baby boy and I want us to be on better terms when he gets here.

I look over at the door to see Malachi standing there with a tray with breakfast on it. Along with orange juice and a vitamin.

"Hey, I know you don't like having to come all the way downstairs for breakfast so I brought it to you." He smiles placing it on my thighs.

"Thanks." I kiss his cheek.

"Okay well imma go take the twins to McDonald's since they're obsessed already." He playfully rolls his eyes.

"You didn't just make enough for everyone?" I ask confused.

"Nah i figured I'd just take them but I don't want you feeding my son fast food yet so imma hold off til you give birth." He says grabbing a coat from the closet.

"Oh okay." I look down.

Maybe it's just me but ever since what happened I feel like such an outsider.

Malachi is always doing things with the twins just himself. Like getting them ready and taking them places. And he never asks for my help or invites me. He always grabs them immediately when they start crying and I know he needs help but he doesn't seem to want it from me.

He even had his mom watch them when he had to go somewhere and I was here the whole time.

I feel like I'm an outsider in my own home and I hate it.

I ju-"baby?" I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Malachi shaking me slightly.

"Yea?" I ask absentmindedly.

"You spaced out on me are you okay?" He asks worried.

"Yea I'm fine. Have fun." I look down at my food feeling the tears well up in my eyes. I hope he doesn't noti-"why are you crying?" He me form my thoughts yet again.

"N-no reason." I wipe my eyes quickly.

"I'm not very hungry." I love the tray onto the nightstand and slowly move my legs over the side of the bed.

"What are you doing?" He grabs my hand to help me up.

"Going to the bathroom. Just go ahead Im fine." I let go of his hand.

"Jahlil" he says authority laced in his tone.

"Yes?" I turn around and look at him blankly.

"Just be dressed by the time I get back." And with that he walks out.

____________

Malachi POV

It's been really hard keeping a secret from Jahlil.

Especially when he's been on my ass 24/7. 

The truth is I've been planning my proposal for Jahlil.