Prologue

I kinda rushed this one, so it may be a bit... eh.

But try to enjoy, I guess...

Edit: okay, so I forgot to actually mention this, but the characters in this fic is aged up a bit.

So instead of the characters being 14-15, they're 16-17 years old with bakugou being the oldest (17)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The girl laughed as you fell to the dry, hard ground, gasping for air.

The girl, who was around the age of 9, willed her black hair back in place as her three friends giggled. One of them, however, spoke up with concern tainting her voice.

"This is funny and all, but what if she tells?"
"Tell who? Her mom? She doesn't even love her enough to care." The girl who just choked you out with her hair quirk responded.

"Yeah, I bet she hates her because she's quirkless!" Another girl piped up, forcing a chuckle out of herself as if she made a joke.

The four girls left the bruised and beaten one to her own device.

As you may have guessed, you were quirkless.

A quirkless kid without a father and with a mother who isn't home 24/7.

You stood up and spat out a tooth that was loosened from your scuffle.

Whatever. It was a baby tooth anyway.

You looked back at the kids at recess, who paid you no mind. Not even the teacher looked your way before and after the one sided fight.

You got down on your knees once more and got back to training.

"Not... useless."

Huff

"Not... weak."

Huff

"Not..."

Wheeze

"...quirkless."

That was a lie you kept telling yourself, to encourage you, to build your confidence.

You kept doing push-ups, even when your arms we're making clicking noises.

The discomfort was unbearable.

And it was made worse by the bruises you reserved from that girl and the heat.

You were sweaty.

Smelly.

Muddy.

You named it.

The teacher was horrified by the smell and appearance of you.

"(Y/n)... what happened to you, you look awful!"

Some children snickered and made 'eww' sounds at you. The girls who bullied you at recess both laughed and joked about your appearance. One of them pointed out to the leader of the group that she may have got dirty stuff in her hair for using her quirk on you, making the leader scoff and unconsciously comb her fingers through her hair for any debris.

You stared up at the teacher with a tired look.

The teacher spoke again, fidgeting as she didn't know what to do while you grew frustrated.

Why does your body fail you every time?

First, you're quirkless, and the next, your body gets tired after only working out for 30 minutes.