𝟐𝟎

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 ━═☆

Charlotte placed down her last card, smiling like a Cheshire cat, "I won! Yay!"

She smiled, watching Stefan roll his eyes, saying, "I won the last three games, this was just luck."

"Sure, sure. Deny it all you want."

She chuckled, shaking her head and collecting the cards as Elena yawned, walking downstairs, "Morning, Charlotte."

"Morning, Lena," The brunette smiled, looking up and watched in amusement as Elena's eyes widened, finding Stefan playing cards on the couch, ever so casually.

"Stefan...are you okay?"

"Never been better," He stood up, greeting his girlfriend with a smile before he pecked her lips.

Elena smiled, confusion still written all over her face before she turned to Charlotte as the vampire Bernard shrugged, "All thanks to my amazing talents and remarkable skill when it comes to cards."

✵ ✵ ✵

Charlotte knotted her shoes and sighed before making her way to the kitchen. She opened the fridge, pulling out a juice pack. She turned it around to make sure it was mango flavored before closing off the fridge.

"Morning," Damon greeting, stretching his words out as if it was a song.

"Oh, hey, Damon," Charlotte smiled, turning to him as she put the juice into her bag and zipped it up, "I was just going out but Stefan is still upstairs...maybe you two could use a bit of eh...sibling time?"

"I was actually here to talk to you."

The brunette chuckled humorlessly, rubbing the back of her neck, "Me? Well, it's going have to wait since I am going out and well, you know. See you then," She went past him, pausing to peck his cheek before quite literally sprinting to the door.

"Were you ever going to tell me that Izadora isn't going to leave you alone?" Damon questioned, forcing the Bernard to take a halt.

She sighed, "Elena told you?"

"Elena knows, too? Again?"

"Well, I can't trust you with this and Elena can see it from my eyes, alright?" Charlotte snapped back, walking up to him, "I can't compel or kill Izadora. She is my niece and yeah, she hurt me but she did what she thought was right—"