Chapter 18

Cairo International Airport-

The agents of SHIELD had sealed off the entire airport. Scientists were examining the hole that had appeared in the middle of the runway. Yusuf was the one in charge of this case.

"This hole looks like it was dug up from the inside." One of the scientists was talking to his colleagues. "I wonder how much strength it would require to dig up all that sand, rocks, and the tarmac that thick."

"So, it was dug from the inside?" Yusuf walked up to that scientist and asked.

"Yes, sir! But we can't scan the ground, our equipment is malfunctioning, we are having a problem scanning, some kind of electromagnetic interference. We may have to excavate these ruins for more study." The scientist answered.

"Then what are you waiting for? Start digging." Yusuf ordered. The man nodded and ran off. "What about the victims? How did they die?" He turned to another agent.

"Yes, there were 7 victims. We found one near the toilet. The cause of death is unknown; there are no wounds on their bodies. They just died." The agent answered.

"What about the witnesses, what did they say?"

"All the witnesses have the same report, sir. These victims were killed by the Mummy. There was another man with it. He was wearing a black suit with a red tie; he had a crystal ball in his hand. They said that the Mummy grabbed them by the throats and pulled their souls out." The agent reported.

"Pulled their souls out?"

"Yes, we have footage" He held up the datapad, "it's from the camera outside the toilet." The video showed a man in a black suit, he was indeed holding a crystal ball. It was glowing yellow. The Mummy was standing behind him. The man in the black suit opened the door and gestured to Mummy to enter. The Mummy entered the toilet followed by the man. A moment later a man came out running. He slipped and fell. The Mummy burst through the door and grabbed the man by his neck. The man in the black suit handed it the orb, the Mummy grabbed it and touched to the victim's chest. The ball glowed brightly for a second and the victim stopped moving."

"The man in the black suit, he's Dr. Alexi Skarab." The agent pushed some buttons and the biodata of the man appeared on the screen. "He's an archaeologist. He was one of the archeologists that went mad after opening one of the tombs in the valley of kings two years ago. He was sent to the asylum but was released after only three months on a full recovery. He tried to rejoin the excavation of that tomb but got refused. After that, there was no trace of him until now. We searched more about it and found him near the same tomb just a few days before the sandstorm began." She opened an image on the datapad which showed Dr. Skarab exiting his car.

"Alright, we have a lead, take a team and search his address, you!" He called another agent, "find anything you can about Dr. Skarab and that tomb. And get me on the line with the Commander Hill."

0-0

"What is he yelling about?" Herc asked.

"I don't know. Anyway, what are we doing with these guys; we are here for the Ennead not some Sherlock Holmes case." Gil said.

"I agree, we should go and search for them ourselves," Perseus said.

"I understand, but do you know where to find them?" Percy asked Herc shook his head. "Right, we don't have any clue where they might be. But I have an idea. The mummy that escaped. The gods of death don't like it when the dead walk the earth right?" Perseus and Gil nodded. "That means the Egyptian God of Death won't like this either, so he'll come after the Mummy."

"If we get to the Mummy before Anubis, we find our gods. You are really smart Percy." Herc said.

'Annabeth would be surprised that I came up with a plan.' Percy thought. He missed her.