CASE #001

CASE #001

    I am a delinquent in my middle school in the Far East of Kyoto. I have 32 discipline records with two warning letters and an official letter of me being expelled. My mum was furious but my dad congratulated me. Well that is because he was once a delinquent too. But! We are delinquents for a reason.

    They bully us. Unlike those victims out there who are so scared of fighting back, I stood up and reflect it back to them. I've injured bunch of bullies and the school was done with me. Dad moved to another part of Kyoto. Mum could only sigh at both of us. This time, mum is the one who took care of my enrollment. She begged 4 times for the sake of my success. She said Rakuzan is a good school and that I will have to strive hard to stay in Rakuzan.

    Not to brag but I have no problems with academic studies. I can cope well so I think I can handle it. But all I wish for is there will be no bullies. I don't want to disappoint mum because she's done everything for me to get into the school.

    So today, as a 1st year student, I am stepping onto the ground of Kyoto's elite school, Rakuzan High. But behold! It's 9am and

    I'M FUCKING LATE!!!!

    The hallway was deserted and it was really quiet minus my loud tapping of shoes on the floor. I rushed to the principal's room to know which class I'm in since I missed the opening ceremony and also, the orientation. I knocked on the door.

    "Come in," a male voice said.

    I slowly twisted the doorknob and entered. There sat a man in his early thirties with stack of files on his table. He gestured for me to sit opposite him and so I obliged.

    "I'm informed about your previous terrible discipline records," he began. "And your mother promised that you won't be making another record. You're not bad in academics so I will just be watching you if you ever make any record here in Rakuzan."

    "I won't disappoint you, sir. I'll be fine. You'll be fine. No one is getting a record." I nodded vigorously.

    "Good," he smiled. "And I certainly know that you don't want to ever get caught and get to detention. As you know, our detention isn't like any other."

    "I've heard the rumors, sir."

    "Done. You'll be placed in 1-A. Good luck." He said and bid me goodbye.

    I saluted him Western Style. "I'll need it. Thanks." I said and exited the room. I know nothing about the directions in this big school so I just wandered here and there, up and down, left and right, without finding anyone to ask for directions. Like seriously, I came across none! The almost never-ending journey ended when I entered a certain room. From outside, it may look scary, creepy and haunted. But inside is normal. There were four rows of chairs and a blackboard in front on the wall. Someone had written the word 'DETENTION' on the blackboard with white chalk.

    So, what's with the terrible rumors about this detention? It seems perfectly normal. I checked the drawers, one by one until I came across a blue file. So, like a clichéd drama, I curiously opened it and scanned the content. No, it's not any important matter. It's just students' exam paper. But I was surprised when I found a Calculus paper and the score was 100%! I was about to look at the name when the door opened.

    I gasped and kept the file back into the drawer quickly before hiding under the table. Silence engulfed and for one second I thought there was no one. Until,

    "I give you 5 seconds to come out." A male voice spoke.

    I gulped nervously. Did he find me out? Shit!