𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟐𝟏.𝟓

❝...𝑫𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆❞ -- 𝑶𝒃𝒊 𝑾𝒂𝒏 𝑲𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒃𝒊

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

As Anakin's speeder zipped through the desert, the blazing twin suns haloing him in their fiery, red and orange light, his mind became more and more tumultuous. His mother's pain was strengthening, he could feel it, and her strength was flagging, her presence in the Force growing dimmer and dimmer like a dying star.

By the time Anakin reached the Tusken Camp, the bright, full moon was high in the glimmering, star-studded sky. Anakin skidded his speeder to a stop before a cliff and swung himself off as he moved towards the edge of the cliff. He peer over the cliff's edge at the Tusken Camp below, and he caught sight of two Tusken Raiders guarding a hut.

That must be where his mother was being kept.

With admirable stealth, Anakin skidded down the sloping cliff down to the camp. He kept to the shadows as he dashed from hut to hut, flattening himself to the walls of the huts to avoid being seen by passing Tuskens. He could hear snatches of conversation from inside the huts, all in the Tuskens' garbled speech.

When he reached the hut with the two guards, Anakin slipped around to the back of the hut and, igniting his lightsaber, carved a door into the wall. Once his lightsaber completed the circle, he kicked the wall to open up the doorway before stooping down and stepping inside.

A ray of moonlight from a hole in the center of the ceiling pierced the hut's gloom, illuminating his mother in the center of the hut. Anakin let out a gasp of horror as he beheld his bloodied, terribly beaten mother, who hung from a wooden frame in the center of the hut.

Anakin hurried forward, eyes wild, and swiftly cut through her rope bindings with his lightsaber. Taking her into his arms, Anakin gently lowered her onto the ground, cradling her as he whispered urgently, "Mom." When she didn't respond, he shook her gently and repeated, "Mom... Mom."

Her eyes fluttered open weakly, and she let out a small gasp at the sight of her grown son stooped over her, holding her in his arms.

"Ani?" she whispered hoarsely, raising a bloodied hand to trail it down the side of his face. "Is that you?"

Anakin gave a chocked breath as her eyes alit on his face. Her face was covered in dark purple and yellow bruises, and one of her eyes and her lips were swollen. Her dark brown hair was matted on one side with blood. His heart lurched at the sight of his frail mother.

"I'm here, Mom. You're safe now."

She gave a small smile, and Anakin gripped her hand at his cheek and held it there. A tear slid down his cheek as he choked out, "Hang on, Mom. I'm going to get you out of here."

His mother's breathing was raspy as she said, "I'm so glad--" A wheeze "--to see you, Ani." Her breathing turned shallow. "Now, I am complete."

Anakin shook his head as he told her firmly, "Just stay with me, Mom. I'm going to make you well again. Everything's going to be fine."

But his mother appeared to not be listening. She gave him a warm smile as she whispered, "You look so handsome. My son... my grown-up son. I'm so proud of you, Ani... so proud." She struggled for breath, and Anakin gripped her hand tighter as if he could tether her to this wretched planet and keep her alive.