Chap 2

*Conner*

The heat, it was all over. Why was it so hot in here, it felt like it was consuming my whole body! Sweat was pouring down my face, my hair sticking to my forehead. My clothes were molding to me like a second skin. I was gasping for air but the heat was sucking out all the oxygen. It was like a furnace in my room. I swept my hand over my face trying to wipe off some of the sweat off.

‘This isn’t right.’ I thought. Slowly I opened my eyes and uttered a scream and scrambling back up against my head board. I was surrounded by bright red flames; it was roaring in my ears the sound that wasn’t there a moment ago.

“Help!” I screamed. The heat felt like it was eating at my skin but I had no burn marks. Cowering I huddled closer to the head board, bringing my knees up to my chest and covered my head with my arms. How is this happening? Doesn’t anyone know I’m in here?

I was going to burn alive.

 Tears were streaming down my face, no one would come. Why would they, they all hated me.

I was alone…. Always alone!

I peeked up and saw the flames were slowly seeping on the bed covers. There was nowhere to run, I was trapped. All I could do was sit there and wait. My throat was raw from coughing, I began to sway as the bright flickering room blurred and start to fade.

“Help” I rasped before everything went dark but somehow I watched myself fall towards the flames…..

*

‘Help me…’

‘Help me…’

‘Help me! Take it away, please!’

Was that me?

‘I can’t take it anymore!’ A deep voice cried hysterically.

That couldn’t be me.

‘Please!’

It was frantic, pleading for me to help but how? Wasn’t I burning alive? No, I was… just… warm? How was that possible?

‘I don’t want to be here’ it was said in a shuttering whisper.

“How can I help you, I don’t even know where you are” I said into the blackness.

‘Help me please’ the voice was weak as it began to fade away.  

‘Please’

And just like that it was gone.

“Hey!” I called out but got no answer, no voice, no sound, nothing.

“Conner?” what?

“Conner get up!” I was shook hard as I opened my eyes. Asher stood over me with a concerned look.

“Dude are ok?” I sat up slowly realizing I was panting and my clothes were damp with sweat. I blinked in confusion and shot up, sitting in my bed.

“Hey?” Asher said again and I looked in every corner of my room for signs of scorch marks. I reached up and rubbed my arms, I could still feel the heat on my skin, the siring fire out to burn me alive. I shivered,

“So hot” I mumbled under the panting I was doing.

“What?” Asher asked in confusion.

“I hurt but then I didn’t” I look up at him with a frown. “Where is he?” I reached out in sudden panic and grabbed his shirt in my hands when he gave me no answer.

“Where is he?!” I exclaimed. Asher widened his eyes and grabbed my wrist in a tight hold.

“Who, who are you talking about Connor? No one’s here! It was just a dream mate.” I looked up at him blinking in confusion.