12: Beauty Isn't Always Skin Deep

This oneshot has quite a powerful meaning behind it, as it focuses on the beauty of scars. If you have scars, please understand that they are beautiful and that they are a part of you. I have scars from many accidents due to an illness I have to endure so I understand it is hard but I accept them as a part of who I am, and I hope everyone else does too.

Requested by: ShriQuinn

Quirk: Telekinesis

 Since Shoto had started opening up more after the Sports Festival, he and I had gotten incredibly close. We were best friends, almost inseparable, and spent almost every evening either in his dorm room or mine. I had even been with him on multiple occasions to meet his mum who loved me, although Shoto refused to introduce me to his father which I wasn't bothered by. I wasn't sure I wanted to meet him after everything he had put Shoto through.

Annoyingly I realised after the Stain incident in Hosu city that I had actually fallen for the clueless boy. When I had heard about what happened to the three boys I was excused from the agency I was with and ran straight to the hospital where I shouted at Shoto for ten minutes straight about being reckless before hugging him tightly, which he returned whilst muttering an apology.

Ever since that incident we had gotten closer physically as well as mentally, as we'd hug often and always sit beside one another. It did hurt when girls in the school would approach me and ask if Shoto and I were together because as much as I wanted to say yes, I had to say no. It pained me when girls would attempt to flirt with him in the corridor, but thankfully Shoto would always find an excuse to leave with me by his side. Shoto also seemed to get very protective over me whenever a guy would approach, and Shoto would stand right next to me so he could glare at person intimidatingly.

I had wondered for a while whether to talk to Shoto about my true feelings, but we had such a perfect and solid relationship that I thought it was way too risky to loose.

One Friday afternoon, Momo and I had arranged a girly sleepover in her dorm room. She was my best girlfriend, and we hadn't had a girly night together for a while so I was looking forward to it. Packing up my books I wondered about what films we were going to watch when suddenly a grab on my waist made me jump and turn around sharply. "Shoto! Don't scare me like that!" I exclaimed and he simply chuckled.

"I'm visiting mum tonight, do you want to come?" He asked with a small smile.

"Aw, I'd love to but I'm actually having a sleepover with Momo tonight," I said and a slightly saddened look was cast over his features.

"That won't start until later though, won't it?" He asked.

"Momo says she wants to tutor me first, to help me improve my grades in English," I told him and he pouted.

"I thought I was your personal tutor," he muttered making me giggle.

"Of course you are Sho, it's just Momo and I need some girly time together. I'll see you tomorrow, promise! We can hang out on your balcony," I smiled, pecking him on his cheek quickly. It was something I did often, and he didn't seem to mind. In some cases he encouraged it. I then spotted Momo over his shoulder waiting for me with folded arms. "Say hi to your mum for me!" I added as I ran over to Momo, waving at Shoto as I went. Together, the two of us headed back to the dorm rooms and I collected everything I'd need for this evening, then made my way to Momo's room for the night.

First we spent a good few hours doing work, but I didn't mind it so much as Momo relaxed and knew how to have fun whilst also studying. It wasn't until later that evening when we got onto the classic girly gossiping. I had spent all afternoon wondering whether to tell her of my feelings for Shoto or whether to just keep them bottled up and try my very best to ignore them until they go away. It had been painful though, trying to keep them inside me, and after a moment Momo had noticed I had spaced out. "(y/n)? Everything okay?"