IX

ISABELLÁ

ISABELLÁ

HONESTLY I FELT PRETTY SMUG about what just happened. Most fun I've had in weeks.

I walked over to the barn where Randall was, Shane was there guarding it.
"I can take watch if you like?" I said walking closer.
"Nah. It's fine I got it" Shane said.

I'm surprised Rick even trusts Shane to be out here guarding Randall alone. Lately Shane seems like he's losing it a little. I mean with me, Shane is been normal but with the rest of the group he is very much unhinged.

"You sure? I don't mind" I asked again.
"Rick send you?" He asked annoyed.
"No I haven't spoken to Rick today" I frowned.

We stood in silence for a while. It was refreshing to be honest. Shane wasn't trying to make a move on me, yup something was definitely wrong with this guy. He obviously knew about Rick's distrust in him. There was much more tension between them than distrust. I think it had something to do with Lori. I'd seen Shane and Lori have a lot of tense conversations they were always away from the group and in secret. It was strange. And when Shane would flirt with me or even talk to me, I'd catch Lori looking over, with a hint of jealousy in her eyes.
I stood there thinking for a while...

Shane and Lori had an affair!
Is Lori's baby his?
Oh shit. It all made sense.

Talking from in the barn snapped me out of my thoughts "I didn't do nothin'" I heard Randall say.

I snapped my head towards Shane "who's in there?" I frowned.

"Nobody?" He said confused.

We both quickly moved towards the door of the barn. Shane went in first.
It was Carl. He was walking towards Randall.
Shane shoves a gun in Randall's face while I put my body in front of Carl's and pushed him back.

"What did you say to him?" Shane snarled grabbing Randall by the neck and pushing him against the wall.

"What did you say?" He repeated with more anger with his gun in his face.

"Shane not now" I shouted.

"Open your mouth" Shane said pressing the gun against Randall's lips

"Shane" I repeated getting more annoyed.

"You like talking huh" he said getting further into Randall's face.

"Shane back off" I shouted with more aggression in my voice.

He quickly stepped back looking at me and Carl. Between me and Shane frightened.