Silent Game

Sophie POV:

"Annnd,  I think that's all for this week's meeting," I finished shakily.

As you all should know by now, the name given to me at birth was Sophie Elizabeth Foster. And I'm the kind of person that is stubborn as a mule. Unbendable as a log.  Hard-nosed. Adamant. Bullheaded. Dogged. However you want to put it, when I get my mind set on something, it's all I can focus on. All I can see.

That something, at the moment, is the one and only, Keefe Sencen.

One thing I learned today- speaking for an entire lunch period in front of the student council isn't exactly the easiest thing to do when all you can think about is a certain blonde-haired, blue-eyed, hard done by... teenage boy.

Remind me again why they exist?

The group in front of me started to shut their notebooks and shuffle to their feet, not in any hurry to get back to class. I guess even the high ballers on the leadership committee hated listening to teachers drone on for hours. Who could blame them?

"Sophie?" Mrs. Kendall's familiar hum shook me out of my thoughts.

I looked up at her, pasting my signature 'I'm perfect, and you are?' smile on my face. Long name, I know but whatever. "Yes?"

"You seem off, honey," she started. "Is everything okay?"

Mrs Kendall was many things. Supervisor of the council, an amazing teacher, a wonderful human being but definitely not observant. She was the most ditzy, forgetful person out there. So if she noticed my distraction, I definitely needed to get a grip.

"Sorry," I said, fumbling. "I guess I'm just a little overwhelmed with all the.... school work I have. I'll do better though, I promise."

I could already feel the blush creeping up my neck. Awesome. The bell rang and Mrs. Kendall nodded. "Okay then! You have a nice day, darling."

A stream of students came out of  the classrooms, rushing to get to third period class. But I only saw the mop of blonde hair attached to the boy walking slowly down the hall, taking his sweet time to get to his next class.

Our eyes met briefly.

Or rather, mine did. His just skipped right over me, continuing their lazy scan of the room. So we were playing the silent game.

I see how it is.

Yay!! another part published!!
comment your name backwards!