Chapter 64: New Additions

Once we left the castle, Edna and I sent the carriage home because there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell we would be able to ride through the Center of Gismead in a carriage while the festival was in full swing. Instead I teleported us both into my guild workshop to avoid the traffic.

As soon as we got inside, we locked the doors behind ourselves and got to organising the cores. After my talk with Prince Alphonse I was certain of what type of magic the last core was. Without a doubt it was the light magic core. It was obvious really, since Prince Alphonse was reincarnated into this world to spread light magic, the new type of magic, of course there would be a sacred core to resemble Light magic.

Since I did not have the light magic attribute, nor understand it very well, the best idea would
probably be to attach the whole core to a staff and give it to Prince Alphonse.

He would be able to wield it to heal the masses during a battle field when the coming war broke out.

Edna helped me set up my desk by bringing me my drawing equipment: various rulers and measuring devices, and set all the cores up in front of me so I could draw inspiration from them.

While the rest of Gismead was still enjoying the festivities, I needed to finish up my plans for the holy weapons before the Kaltain's got to work tomorrow.

I could not wait to see Tierney's eyes full of awe as he looked at my blueprints for each weapon.

"It's crunch time." I cracked my knuckles before concentrating all my energy on my cluttered work desk. I was about to channel all my stress and resentment into the designs, so hopefully I would finish before midnight.

**************

While Riley was busy at her workshop Agnes and Bard had all the new additions to the staff lined up. Everyone was already dressed in their black and white uniforms lined with fur to keep them warm during the cold Freezing season.

Agnes kept her keen eyes on the female staff while Bard checked over the male staff.

Her beady eyes glanced over every turned cuff, every crease and every hair bun. Her hard lined mouth slowly curved up into a smile seeing as how everyone was dressed so well.

She nodded satisfied. "Very good. I expect no less from all of you. A neat staff is a neat house, and a neat house is a respectable Master. And we definitely have a respectable and good Lady. So all of you must always be properly dressed."

"How are things on your end Mr Bard?" She called out to Bard who was at the opposite end of the line.

"All the young men here are well dressed." He clapped his hands in praise.

"Very well." She dropped her smile and stepped a few paces backwards so that everyone could see her.

"As we speak, the Lady Delton is hard at work, missing out on the festivities to ensure that the holy cores gathered on the great expedition are put to good use. We must follow by our lady's example and work hard to have the house in tip top shape when she arrives."

While Agnes spoke, Mellie kept glancing out the window. It was the window of the library that she would leave open for Claud to enter through tonight. She bit her lip to keep herself from smiling as she thought about their rendezvous tonight. His bright green eyes alone could make her blush, so the thought of his hand brushing against her cheek made her giggle out loud.

Agnes frowned and stopped talking to stare down Mellie who had interrupted her speech. Everyone similarly stared at the young maid wondering why she made such a high-pitched sound.

"Oh, sorry..." She whispered as she looked down at her black shoes embarrassed.

"Well then, you are all dismissed," Agnes grumbled.