eight

(Y/N) POV

I waited a few minutes and apparated into Newt and Kowalski's room only to find the case on the floor and neither of them to be seen. Its not hard to figure out where they would be. Newts been waiting all day to get into that case. I unlatched the case and began to walk down the stairs, the muffled voice of Newt becoming clearer.

"Will you sit down?"

"Good idea." Yep, Kowalski was down here too.

"That's definitely the murtlap. You must be particularly susceptible." Newt inspected the bite, not yet realising I was now in the little shack. "See, you're a Muggle. So our physiologies are subtly different." He had began creating a paste to apply to Kowalski's neck. "Now that should stop the sweating." He reached over and grabbed a small substance. "And one of those should sort the twitch."

"Is the bite really bad?" I asked, walking to stand by Newt as he squeezes a blue fluid into a vile.

"Oh, (Y/N)?" Newt turned to face me. "Slightly worse than if it were one of us." He explained.

"What you got there?" Kowalski asked gesturing towards the vile.

"This the locals call Swooping Evil, not the friendliest of names. Its quite an agile fellow." It was not hard to notice his eyes light up as he spoke. "I've been studying him. And I am pretty sure his venom could be quite useful if properly diluted. Just to remove bad memories, you know." He threw the swooping evil out like a yo-yo and it came straight back. "Probably shouldn't let him loose in here, though." He shyly smiles before walking through the shack door out into the artificial environments. The only thought evident in my head, 'cute.'

"Come on. Come on. Down you come." I follow behind Newt only to see him with his make-shift umbrella over his head calling down Frank, the thunderbird. Kowalski was close behind me. "Oh, thank Paracelsus. If you'd have got out that could have been quite catastrophic." He pet Frank around the beak area, before speaking again. "You see, he's the real reason I came to America. To bring Frank home." Newt was explaining to Kowalski. The rain cleared up and the contrived sun took its rightful place. "No, sorry, stay there, he's a wee bit sensitive to strangers." Kowalski had tried to step forward, in attempt to see the thunderbird up close. That was only for Frank to squawk.

"He didn't do that when I met him?" I questioned.

"Yes, I suppose he just took a liking to you straight away." Newt turns to smile at me. The same sun spoken of before lighting up his blue-green eyes to transform into a hazelly hue. I was a truly lucky woman to have even met this man. "I wouldn't say its a difficult thing to do." He spoke turning back to face Frank. The blush on my cheeks became impossible to hide. "Here you are," he stroked the side of Frank's head, connecting their foreheads together. "He was trafficked, you see. I found him in Egypt, he was all chained up."

"It's so horrible," I couldn't help but voice my dissatisfaction.

"I'm going to put you back where you belong, aren't I, Frank?" Newt smiled, placing his chin on top of Frank's beak. His eyes and skin glowing one more in the sun. "To the wilds of Arizona." He moves away from Frank's habitat, collecting some food for the other creatures. Kowalski and I follow closely behind. "Here they come." He smiles

"Here who comes?" The baker looks around, confusedly.

"The graphorns," I grin. Strange creatures indeed, like a horse with tentacles for a beard.

"They're the last breeding pair in existence." Newt explains. "If I hadn't managed to rescue them, that could have been the end of graphorns, forever." Kowalski's reaction to the creatures was somewhat expected, a bit taken aback. Screamed and attempted to run. They aren't the cutest creatures.