Chapter 10

"Oh, god, no," I moaned. 

"You're moaning that a bit too early," he smirked. 

I shoved my arm out of his grasp. 

"I'd really rather not go," I said. My heart was racing, I definitely did not want to do this. 

"You promised!" he exclaimed. 

"Yes but I don't remember signing up for putting up with your constant sex-jokes," I said, crossing my arms defiantly over my chest. 

"Okay, okay, I'll stop for the rest of the day," he promised solemnly, putting up his hands in defense.  

"Are you even capable of that?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Pinkie promise," his eyes widened in seriousness, holding up a curled little finger at me. 

"Fine," I sighed. "I'll just go tell Eli then." 

I moved to turn towards the door again, but an arm jerked my bag off my shoulder. Wes lifted me off the ground and over his shoulder. He had one arm on my back and the other around my legs. 

"No chance," he said, moving towards his car. 

"What're you doing?!" I demanded, thrashing about. How dare he man-handle me?! 

"You'll most likely run away," he explained. "And lock yourself up in one of the rooms." 

I rolled my eyes. Oh wait, he couldn't see that from up here. 

"You're insane," I said. 

"Insanely gorgeous," he said, I could feel him laughing, his chest vibrating against my legs. Although I had to admit I wasn't complaining all that much as I looked down at my position while he kept walking. My stomach was against his shoulder. I could feel his well-sculptured body against my stomach and chest. I hated to admit it, but damn, he had a good body and damn, my heart was racing. I really hoped he couldn't feel my racing heart against his back. 

He unlocked the door with his free hand and dumped me into the passenger seat before closing the door behind me. 

"So, what do people usually do as friends?" I asked when he had sat down at the driver's seat, throwing my bag and his in the back seats. 

"Have fun," he said, beaming at me. 

"Does your definition of fun stay within legal limits?" I asked. 

"You worry too much!" he dismissed my question, starting the engine.  

"For good reason," I shrewdly replied. "This is you we're talking about." 

I could hear my phone sounding a text, muffled by the material of Wes' pant's pocket.

"Do I at least get to check my messages?" I asked, crossing my arms. 

He pressed his lips together into a smile before drawing my phone out, checked it, typed a reply and slipped it back into his pocket. 

"Who did you just text?" I asked cautiously. My heart jumped, was it dad? 

"Eli," he said, turning on the indicator to turn left. 

"And?" I prodded. My heart fell a little. I was silly to think it was dad. 

"She asked whether you confessed your undying love for me yet?" 

"Wes," I warned. 

"Fine," he sighed. "She said if I did anything out of line, she'll have, and I quote, my 'testicles and all its future generations it may bring, impaled'."