Chapter 13

I woke up the next morning to a familiar feeling of warmth.

Slowly I opened my eyes and saw a handsome man sleeping next to me.

My hand was lying on his chest and his wrapped around my waist. Our faces were only inches apart, a slight move and our lips would meet.

I stared at his perfectly carved face for a while untill realisation hit me. Suddenly I jerked away and sat up straight. Due to my sudden movement Marcus stirred and slowly opened his eyes.

His eyes wandered around the room and then they fell upon me. His eyes widened in shock and he quickly got of the bed.

He ran his fingers through his hair and groaned in frustration.

"No" He whispered.

"What? Nothing happened" I said in confusion.

"No" He shook his head looking down.

"Marcus-" I tried getting up but he stopped me. 

"Get away from me"

"Marcus"

"I said get away from me" He yelled in fury and left the room, leaving me confused and heart broken.

My heart ached seeing how much he had changed overnight. It was just yesterday that he was laughing and having fun with me. Did I do something?

I quickly showered and went downstairs to talk with Marcus only to see him dressed and leaving the house.

"Marcus I need to talk to you

He glanced back with anger in his eyes.

"There's nothing to talk about" With that he closed the door and left.

I rushed to the window and saw his car leaving, shattering my heart.

Why does he keep doing this?

Why are were always one step forward two steps backward?

I was pulled out of my grief as my phone rang. I took it out and it was Ally, currently my happy pill. The only person I feel like talking to.

"Hey Camilla wanna hang out?"

"Yes very badly"

Ally was hesitant before she replied.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Um.. maybe, just come and pick me up" I didn't feel like driving at the moment. I was afraid my mental breakdown would cause an accident.

I didn't even feel like having breakfast so I slumped down on the couch and waited for Ally.

I saw her Porsche arriving after several minutes. "Hop in" She yelled and waved her hand, gesturing me to come.

As I got in she began bombarding me with questions. "So tell me. Trouble in paradise?"

"First take me somewhere where I can forget everything"

A small smirk appeared on her lips.

"Nope, not the bar. It's still morning" I made a big cross from my hands and shook my head.

"Fine let's go shopping" Ally chuckled and started the engine.

"What? Noooo I hate shopping" I started protesting but she didn't listen.

It was her favorite hobby and one of the things that I hated the most. Ironically, even though I run a fashion designing company I don't like to go shopping.