𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟐𝟏.𝟕𝟓

❝𝑮𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍.❞ -- 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒔

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

After the funeral was over, Astrid found Anakin sitting by their speeder, his gaze turned towards the never-ending horizon. As she came to a stop beside him, he spoke quietly, "We should head back to Mos Eisley and scout the surrounding area for our starship, considering Obi Wan stuck around for us."

"I'm sure he did," Astrid replied quietly. "Obi Wan wouldn't leave us."

Anakin only pursed his lips before he rose to his feet from the sand, and his eyes found the Lars family, who waited fifteen yards away behind Astrid.

 Owen Lars stepped forward, and he offered solemnly, "You will always be welcome here, Anakin. So, if you ever need or have to come back, we'll be here."

Anakin nodded, his face expressionless. "Thank you," he replied roughly. "It was nice meeting you all, but we best get going." 

Owen nodded in understanding, and Anakin slung himself onto the speeder. Astrid offered Owen and the rest of the family a warm, grateful smile before she hopped onto the speeder behind Anakin. Anakin didn't waste another second before he revved the engine, and they shot off into the desert back towards Mos Eisley. 

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Anakin ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "If only this stupid commlink wasn't broken," he hissed as he jammed a finger against it.

"Well, aren't you a mechanic?" Astrid pointed out. 

They were standing near the outskirts of Mos Eisley in an alleyway, their speeder sitting in wait beside them. They'd scanned only half of the surrounding outskirts of the town for Obi Wan's ship before their speeder had died on them, forcing them to stop. 

The two of them were both too exhausted and dehydrated to bother searching the other half of the surrounding area on foot. If they could just make contact with Obi Wan using Anakin's comlink, then everything would be fine. 

Anakin stilled at her words, and he looked to her as a smile began creeping on his face. "You're absolutely right," he replied with a grin. "I get so focused on one part of my skill set that sometimes I forget my other skills."

He began walking down the street in the direction of the center of the town, and he called over his shoulder, "Come on. We need to find a supplies store."

Since the ride back to Mos Eisley from the Lars family's moisture farm, Anakin's mood had slowly begun to lighten. But despite his easy smiles and charismatic words, Astrid could still sense a lingering darkness inside Anakin. It was fear that had wormed its way into his heart, a product of his mother's death, and it was the fear of loss and a fear of failure. 

Astrid didn't know if she could walk any farther, but she hurried over to Anakin anyways, her muscles barking in protest. She supposed she would be able to rest when they were back on their starship on the way to Coruscant.

The streets were quiet and desolate as the two Padawans hurried down the street, keeping to the shadows. They passed a few taverns and bars that roared with laughter and music from inside, but other than those select few buildings, the rest of the town was dark and quiet.