37. THE BONE MAN

37. THE BONE MAN

"I'M SORRY," ALIYAH'S voice is patronizing as she shuffles through the fridge, just a towel wrapped around her chest, "How do you have time to eat right now?"

Elijah's eyes widen in surprise as he turns to her, "I'm sorry," He mocks, "Would you rather I starve? Plus, I gotta get my energy up since you sucked everything out of me. Also, I'm the only one dressed right now."

"Okay," Aliyah holds up a finger, "I did not suck ━" She stops as she looks at the playful smirk on Elijah's face. Flipping him off, she rolls her eyes and goes back to her mission, "You're annoying."

"You love it," He chuckles, "What are you even looking for anyway?"

"I'm on cake duty ━ which is a bad decision on my mother's part, but," Aliyah huffs, finally pulling the cake from the fridge. She rests it on the island in front of Elijah who's looking at the icing on top with furrowed eyebrows, "At least it's a cake."

"Kyree?" Elijah reads, "That's it? See, a normal person would've just written 'happy birthday'."

"It's a cake," Aliyah repeats, her eyebrow raised as if daring him to say something else

"It's a cake," Aliyah repeats, her eyebrow raised as if daring him to say something else. "Which you will be carrying for me since you wanna act like a child."

His jaw gapes open, dropping his spoon into the bowl of cereal, "What I do?"

Aliyah ignores him and walks into the bedroom, quickly moving around to get her clothes on. She pulls on her bandeau top and black and white vertically striped flare pants. Adjusting the material under her arms, she scans herself in the mirror.

All that she can think about is the moment that happened between the two in the shower. She doesn't know what came over her, but she wouldn't mind it happening again.

Don't think about it, don't think about it, she tells herself ━ she would rather not leave the house to see her mother while horny. That's not the most comfortable feeling in the world.