Part 13

Jimin’s POV

It was all calm and quiet on the fourth day of our camp until a loud crash was heard from the end of the hall. It took the attention of all the students who were currently working on a group activity including me.

"What's that?" one of the students in my group from the science class asked, but I just shook my head, not knowing the ruckus since our table was at the far front of the hall.

I continued working on the paper since it seemed like the matter had been handled by the lecturer on duty. After a few minutes, the hall calmed down and some of the nosy ones who had left the table just to find out what happened had returned to their seats.

"Someone fainted," one of them informed, grabbing a marker to continue his abandoned work, and all of us just listened to him spilling the tea.

"Is the student okay?" the science girl asked, and I just looked up to the nosy boy, silently wanting to know the news too.

"Yeah, luckily no injury. Apparently he got a bad fever but still insisted to attend," the boy shrugged his shoulders and continued his job, shaking his head at the dedication of the fever man to this camp.

"Dang, if it's me, I'd choose to sleep in my room anytime even if I only got light headache just to escape these activities," another of our group mates interrupted, telling his opinion.

"Mood," almost all the students in the table answered at the same time, nodding with straight face, acknowledging the opinion.

"Whatever, let's just complete this task and submit it earlier so that -" the leader's words were cut off when the lecturer on duty came to our table.

"Is Park Jimin from room 207 here?" she asked straight, and all eyes turned towards me.

"I'm here?" being put in the spotlight, I awkwardly put up my hands and paused my work.

"You guys know about the fainted student, right?" she asked the whole group, before she looked back at me.

"Yeah," small answers given from everyone.

"It's your roommate, Jimin. So, I was hoping that you could help us take care of him until he got better? I'll tick both your attendance for the activities you'll miss," she requested with hopeful eyes.

Looking at my group mates, all of them gave their permission to let me go easily making me looked back to the lecturer who was patiently waiting for my answer.

"Sure," giving my answer, I agreed to her request.

Not that I could defy a request from a lecturer.

"Thank you. Can you pack up and go to him now? We had sent him to the infirmary, but I'd appreciate if you help us take him back to your room," she told.

"Of course, ma'am" I answered short, and she was quick to leave our table so that she could handle the crowd that had started to play around instead of completing their job.

"Man, I'm jealous of you, bud" I received a pat on my back from the nosy boy earlier as I packed my things.

"Yeah, you got to escape the camp and lazying around the room," another member supported, giving me a playful envy look.

Smiling awkwardly at their comments, I was kind of hoping that they'd disagree so that I didn't have to go to the sick guy.

But...Jungkook was sick?

Since when?

We never talked and had been spending almost minimum time around each other for the past four days, since both of us tried to avoid being in the room together.

I tried to get back as late as I could to the room and I realized Jungkook doing the same. He was rarely seen in the room and sometimes I didn't even know if he actually went back to sleep or not since his bed seemed untouched the next morning with the owner nowhere in sight.

Was it my fault for ignoring him the whole time we were in the room that I didn't even realized that he was sick until he could faint in the middle of the activity like this?

Taking my bag and saying goodbyes to the rest of the members, I walked to the infirmary, head filled with the thought of Jungkook, feeling worried about the boy.