9

Chris' p.o.v

"Into the unknown!" Jay and I sang at the top of our lungs as the song came to a close. My phone began ringing before the next song could come on, Jaylee making a sound of disappointment when I answered it.

"Hey Ma."

"Hey baby boy, are you still bringing Jaylee today?"

"Yes ma'am, we'll be there in the next fifteen minutes or so. Now if you'll excuse me, Jay babe and I are singing Disney songs, isn't that right?"

"Yeah!" Jaylee screamed from the back, making my mom and me laugh.

"Well then I'm sorry for interrupting, I'll see you in a few minutes."

"Bye Ma!" With that she hung up, and Lee and I went back to our Disney sing along session.

After lots and lots of convincing, Kitty agreed to let me take Jaylee to meet my family while she packed things up at her apartment. I wanted her to come as well, but that was stretching. She told me she needed the time away from Jaylee to get a lot of packing done anyway. I felt really bad for her, especially since every bit of stress that she's dealing with was inadvertently caused by me. It irked me that I couldn't just be in a relationship with a girl that I liked because of everything that follows me around. It's already been a challenge getting Kitty to trust me, all this shit doesn't help anything.

When we arrived at my childhood home, I grabbed the bag Kitty had packed for Jay out of the passenger seat and jogged around the car to help little bit herself out of her car seat. Once I'd closed the door and locked the car, I picked Jaylee up into my arms and walked to the door of my house, not bothering to knock.

"Ma, I'm here!" I heard the sound of little feet running towards me, and turned to see my nephews and niece coming to see me. "What's up guys? How you doing Stels?"

"We're good." They said in unison, which was a little creepy to be honest.

"Hi Jaylee, do you remember me?" Stella stepped forward to talk to her, but Jay hid her head in my neck, only peaking her eyes out a little.

"So what, you're gonna be shy now?" I bounced her around a little bit to try to make her smile, not having any luck. "What's wrong sweetheart?"

"They bidder dan me." So she was intimidated, that made more sense.

"Well that's okay, I promise they're really nice. Don't you remember Stella from dance?" She looked at Stella for a few minutes before nodding her head and picking it up to look at her.

"Hi." She said cutely, giving Stella a small smile.

"Hi, do you want to come play with us?" Jaylee shrank away again, obviously not ready for that just yet.

"How about I introduce her to the rest of the family, then you can see if she wants to play?" The three of them nodded before sprinting off once more to do what they were doing previously. I set her bag down and wandered into the kitchen where my family was seated, Jay clinging to me when she saw them. "Hey guys, this is Jaylee, but you can call her Jay or Lee if you want."

"What do you like to be called sweet girl?" Jaylee just looked at my mom, not even attempting to answer. 

"Is she shy?" Shanna inquired, giving a small wave when Jay looked at her.

"Not usually, I don't know what's up with her today." Carly had had enough of her unresponsiveness, and walked up to us, Lee sinking into me even further. My sister tickled at her stomach to try to get her to open up, but she was not having it.

"You're usually so friendly at the dance studio, what's wrong?" I guess that's all she needed to hear, because after Carly said that Jay opened up like the beautiful flower she is.