twenty

"what'd she say?" John B asked Pope tossing him a water bottle

"that you're an idiot" Pope replied as Ace walked into the kitchen.

"glad she's not the only one that thinks that" she sat on the counter next to JJ.

"it's a no-brainer. you're picking Kie." JJ said opening the fridge grabbing a beer.

"mm-mm"

"look, i can't make a decision." John B said, Ace gave him a look.

"so what? we're just dead in the water because you're pussy-whipped?" JJ opened his beer tossing the cap into the sink.

"we can't do this without Kie, and you know it. she's been there from the start and then you fall for Sarah and now she's gotta be in on it? no" Ace said grabbing the beer from JJ's hands taking a sip.

"and i can't do it without Sarah." John B replied ignoring what the girl said. "okay? they both have to be in on it." he added.

"well, good luck with that" Pope said opening the freezer.

"you know what? i know this was my fault, all right?" John B said.

"glad you realize that" Ace said handing the beer to JJ.

"but it's our problem. i've got a plan. and you three shitheads are gonna help me out." John B said walking away.

the next day Pope and Ace went to pick up Kiara who needed to 'fix' Heyward's boat that the boys couldn't figure out, Pope parked at the dock while Ace stood up waving at Kie.

"hi beautiful!" she smiled.

"code red!" Pope said.

"what the hell is going on?" Kiara asked climbing into the HMS.

"okay, JJ and John B conked out in the marsh. they need a tow." Pope replied.

"uh, okay, well, what does that have to do with me?" Kiara asked.

"we need you for mechanical." Ace told her.

"mechanical." Kie scoffed not believing a word her two friends said.

Pope soon pulled up to the other boat that was anchored down parking next to it, Ace jumped into the water for second to cool down then climbed back in sitting at the bow.

"John B and JJ are up in the Alp." Pope instructed.

"can't you guys do anything without me?" Kie asked.

"no not really" Ace shook her head watching her friend get into Heyward's boat.

"go, Pope" she pushed the boy who started driving away from the other boat.