˗ˋ 30

CHAPTER THIRTY

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH EMOTIONS SHOW

. . .

"Tiger." The instantly recognisable sing-song tone of Sirius's voice calling from further up the hill, and just seconds later the boy was slinging his arms around her shoulder, slightly pushing her down.

"I would like to make it to class today." Tiger commented, looking over at Sirius, who was being followed by James and Peter. "Preferably without a detour to the Hospital Wing with a broken leg. Merlin knows what potion she has to fix breaks like that, because I for sure know episkey won't cut it."

"She has a bottle of Skele-Gro." James said, catching up to the pair. "Nasty tasting stuff, I would know - various Quidditch accidents over the years."

"There you go." Tiger nodded, and looked over at Sirius. "Would you really like to explain to Remus about why I'm bitching about drinking that?"

"It would be worth it." Sirius smirked slightly, then began to speak again as he realised the other three were staring at him. "What? It would be worth it to see Tiger drink the Skele-Gro. What else would I have meant?"

"I dunno." Peter shrugged. "It sounded weird though." Tiger and James nodded in agreement, and the subject was dropped as they continued to descend down to the area at the edge of the Forbidden Forest where Professor Kettleburn was waiting for them.

James had a hand wavering by Tiger's waist, ready to grab on in case Sirius tried anything - not that James thought he would, but more as a precaution. The slopes were slippy anyway - they were in Scotland in autumn, near winter, after all.

"Good afternoon." Professor Kettleburn had his usual happy smile on as he greeted the students. "I trust that there were no casualities on the way down here?" He seemed to look in the direction of Sirius, James, Tiger and Peter.

Sirius snickered, until he saw Tiger's expression, and Peter and James tried to hide their laughter. The ongoing 'feud' between Sirius and Tiger was for sure a source of entertainment during the more boring lessons. It was just them at each other's throats constantly, filled with sarcasm, dry humour and snide comments mumbled after sentences.

"As you all - excluding a select few - managed to complete the homework task about Thestrals, I thought we could perhaps take a chance to view them in real life - or at least, those who can." Kettleburn explained, and lead the group of confused sixth years into the Forest.

"Make sure we all stay close together. We wouldn't want anyone getting lost." The man called. "It isn't exactly well know what inhabits this forest - hence it being forbidden."

"That's very reassuring." James commented, creating snickers from Sirius and Peter. Tiger had remained silent, and after a few more minutes of walking even deeper into the woods, James felt her slide her hand into his, her grip slightly tighter than usual.

"Sorry." Tiger mumbled, when she noticed that James definitely had felt her actions. "I can stop it if you want me to."

"No it's fine just-" James paused, as he looked over at the girl, only just being able to see her face behind the curls of purple hair which covered parts of it. "Twigs, you're paler than the Bloody Barron on a good day. Are you feeling sick? Is it finally the weather from the time I got sick finally catching up to you? Is-"