Chapter 1

(Our male lead)

Third person's pov

Daniel collapsed. He literally collapsed on his bed after coming back home. Who knew that life would take such a bad turn so fast.

Seeing his father on the hospital bed today it felt like his entire world had come to a standstill.

This whole business, how was he going to manage everything on his own without his father's support.

Granted he was twenty six years old and had taken over the company but his father would still come in weekly. If ant problem took place then he had his old man to turn to.

Now he was in a coma , his mom in the hospital taking care of him and Daniel was here, in his penthouse, all alone.

He did not cry, he had never really cried ever since he was a little kid but today he felt a little bit numb. A little bit scared.

He cursed that man who crashed his car into his father's. It might have been accidental but he will not rest until that man is in jail.

He still remembered the conversation they had that day.........

'Dan, come on, go home now, it's now almost ten pm.'

'Of course dad. Just a little bit of work remaining, I will wind up and we will leave.' he replied.

'It makes me happy to see you working so hard.' his dad said with a smile. 'But still you will need to take a little bit more responsibility. Don't you think.' he said chuckling.

Daniel laughed and said, 'A part of me will always be dependant on you dad. Will not let that go.'

'You know what dad, you go ahead with the driver. I will come leave  afterwards. Mom will be waiting for you.' he said.

'You know, your mom is waiting for the day when you will also have someone to go home to.' dad said laughing.

'We will see about that dad.' he said.

After that dad left and.........

Daniel did not know how to react to this entire situation. He had stayed in the hospital for some time but went home on his mom's insistence.

He slept for some time but could not sleep soundly. He woke followed his daily routine of workout, shower, breakfast and left.

He did his work and attended his meetings like he did daily but a part of him felt numb, abnormal. He was desperately waiting for his phone phone to ring to inform his that his dad had woken up.

Finally it was eight p.m and everybody had left. All day long he had been getting pitiful looks as everyone knew what had happened. It was the front cover of the newspaper. That the biggest billionaire in the country had been involved in a car accident.

Not feeling like working anymore Daniel took his phone out and texted his mom to update him about dad.

He went out of the office and went straight to a bar.

Over there when he sat down to get a drink there was aldready a woman approaching him giving him seductive looks. Usually he would go ahead and give attention to these type of women. One night stands were frequent in his lifestyle. He had gone through a huge number of 'Girlfriends' ever since he entered college. The only long term girlfriend he ever had was in his highschool.

He was attracted to the way she looked and she was attracted to his looks as well but also his money. It was a relationship of convenience since both of them were famous in their school. She was a gold digger and after going to college he just didn't care anymore.

Deep in his thought Daniel was interrupted once again by the women trying to get his attention. He left his drink and got up. He didn't feel like doing anything other than going home to sleep.

He got out and sat inside his car. Then he remembered that  Today his chef had taken a day off and he also wanted some alone time at home.

Grudgingly he stopped his car near a small restaurant which according to his Google maps suggestion had excellent hygiene and good ratings.

He went inside and sat down at a table. The waiter came upto him and he ordered a cheese sandwhich along with a cup of coffee. He used to follow a strict diet to maintain his health but today he felt like letting it go for once.

He sat down at the table waiting for the food to arrive while massaging his temples he heard the door open once more and he looked up to see a girl enter.

She was extremely attractive but strangely familiar.

He squinted his eyes to remember who she was

He squinted his eyes to remember who she was. He knew her. He just sighed and waited for his food go arrive.

The girl came and sat on the table right in front of him. He could see her face clearly now. She took out a book and started reading it. The waiter approached her table. He was giving her a kind smile like she was a regular here. 'You want me to get the regular?' He asked her. She nodded with a kind smile and said, 'You know me very well.' They both chuckled and he left.

He heard her voice and it striked like a lightning who she was. Daniel couldn't help but say out loud, 'Layla Vanderbuilt!'

Layla looked up from her book in surprise and looked in front of her. She clapped her hand to her mouth when she was who it was.

Daniel Harrington.

The rich brat from her highschool.