V

32 BBYMos Espa, Tatooine

32 BBY
Mos Espa, Tatooine

Jaika held onto the leather saddle of the Eopie, as she sat behind Padmé. The large creature walked through the dusty streets, leading them towards the Pod hanger where the racers were preparing for the upcoming race. The Eopie lowered onto the ground, along with the other which was carrying Shmi and Kitster.

Jaika watched as Watto raised his voice at Qui-Gon, before flying towards the Eopie that the Skywalker twins and Padmé were sat on. The Toydarian stopped and looked at the twins before threatening them in Huttese, "Better stop your friend's betting, or I'll end up owning him too."

Jaika watched as Watto hovered away, laughing to himself as she sent a glare in his direction. The girl looked forward once Qui-Gon started to approach the creatures, earning a confused glance from Anakin. "What did he mean by that?" Anakin questioned, as Qui-Gon helped Shmi and Kitster off their Eopie. The man looked over at the confused looking twins.

"I'll tell you later." Qui-Gon replied. The twins shared a suspicious look before sliding off the side of the Eopie, along with Padmé who did it rather gracefully. That's reassuring, Jaika thought to herself as she observed Qui-Gon who helped her friend off the creature. 

The twins walked with Kitster towards their shared pod, as various DUM droids ran about in panic. Padmé walked a step behind the trio, listening into their conversation. "This is so wizard. I'm sure you'll do it this time." Kitster spoke, stopping by the front of their pod, before turning to face a confused looking Padmé.

"Do what?" She asked. Jaika gave Anakin a side glance, who looked sheepish in return. Kitster however, kept his determined look on his face. "Finish the race of course." He replied in an obvious tone, making Jaika avoid Padmé's glance. Anakin looked at his friend, hoping that he would stop talking. "You've never won a race?" Padmé asked, her voice full of shock. Jaika could feel the regret and annoyance in her voice, as she looked down at the ground in shame.

"Well, not exactly.." Anakin spoke, looking at the girl with an awkward expression who returned it with one of frustration. Jaika looked up from the ground and turned to Kitster for reassurance. The last thing she wanted was for Padmé to tell Qui-Gon that they have not finished a race before, as the girl thought that the man would withdraw the bet and they would not be able to race. "Not even finished?" Padmé continued, processing the danger of the bet. 

Kitster shrugged at Jaika, as the girl realized her friend was no help to the current situation. "But Kitster's right, we will this time." Jaika spoke, in attempt to lighten Padmé's mood. Her attempt was not very successful, as the woman remained in her stressed state. The two boys hugged each other and nodded their heads in attempt to reassure her.

"Of course you will." A voice spoke from behind them, placing a hand on the twin's shoulders. Jaika glanced at Padmé who was looking at Qui-Gon with a look of disbelief.