Part 14

Jungkook's POV

Coming to my senses, I felt a cold touch on my forehead. It occured to me that someone was feeling my temperature with his hand and I could recognize his gentle touch even if I was blind.

It's Jimin.

"You're awake. Drink this," Jimin pulled his hand away and I missed his touch already.

Jimin was here.

My eyes watered the thought of him being here and a tear slipped involuntarily as I blinked to focus on his face.

Jimin was looking at me.

After a few months of our break up, even after these few days being in the same room as him, finally, his eyes stayed on me without looking away.

"...sorry," I cracked my voice due to the cry as well as due to my fever. I want to say so much more other than sorry, and apologize for so much things, but my dry throat didn't let me.

Trying to get up, I was stopped as Jimin's hand pushed me back to lie down on the bed softly.

"Don't get up first and just drink from this straw," he said slow but firm, thus I wiped my tears away with my heavy hands and followed as Jimin instructed. After I sipped the water for a few times, Jimin nodded and got up from the chair that he pulled by my bedside.

"Don't go," panicked that he might leave, I pulled the hem of his shirt, making Jimin turned towards me for a second. Wordlessly, he pulled his shirt out from my grasp and continued walking out the room, taking his phone and wallet together with him.

Did he depised to be with me even for another extra second that much?

Feeling worse than before, I cried again, overwhelmed by all the emotions and added with unstable conditions of my body.

I hated fever.

It made me a crybaby.

I couldn't stop my tears even how much I wiped them away, hating myself for still crying even when I know I deserved to be treated like that by the smaller male.

Hating that I showed my weak self in front of Jimin when I had determined not to do so.

Hating that I still wished that he would stay, when I knew he wouldn't after what I did.

Hating that I still wished for him to still have feelings for me, when I was the reason he lost the love he had for me in the first place.

Regretting everything and letting the tears run down my face, I didn't realized that someone had entered the room with a pack of porridge.

"You should stop crying before you go blind," the deep voice said casually, taking the seat that Jimin had left empty. Still sniffling, I looked to the male and identified him.

"Kim Taehyung?"I croaked out, unintentionally sobbed as I was still trying to calm myself down after the cries from earlier.

"The one and only. Jimin's not gone, he just went downstairs to get the nurse to check up on you. Told me to feed you this while he was gone," he took out the container and pulled the desk towards me, handing me the spoon after he placed the porridge close to me.

"Don't you hate me?" I stared at him without taking the porridge, and Taehyung managed to give me a small smile, the first one he ever gave to my way.

"I don't hate you. I hate what you did to Jimin," he said straight, and I didn't know how I should feel about it.

That means that he still hate me nevertheless, right?

"Do you like him?" I asked, taking the opportunity to get to know this stranger who seemed to be really trusted by Jimin.

"Who doesn't like Jimin?" he asked back, and I have no comeback at the subtle attack.

"I love him, as a close friend. I think of him as my brother, and if you hurt him anymore, you're going to face me," he continued, giving me the answer to my question.

"I don't think I'd even have the chance to make him happy again, let alone hurt him. Which I'll never do if I were to be given another chance," I smiled pained, thinking of having no chance to be close to the boy anymore.

"The chance might not be zero, Jeon. But now, eat the damn porridge and take your meds before Jimin hurts both of us. You should know his tiny mighty pinches," he crossed his arms in front of his chest and I immediately followed as commanded, not thinking much of his words about the chance but instead, shuddered at the frightening memories about the cute fingers of Jimin.

Cute, but deadly.