18 - The Portkey

The next morning you awoke to Mrs Weasley's soft whispers telling you it was time to get up and get ready to leave for the World Cup. You felt like you'd been asleep for only a few seconds before Hermione dragged you out of bed. "I get it, Mione, I'm up!" You groaned as you got out of bed. You looked over and saw Ginny wrapped up in her blanket staring at the wall, daydreaming. "Tired Gin?" 

"Can't we just miss the first part of the game and sleep in?" 

"I thought you loved Quidditch?" Hermione asked as she started to brush her hair. 

"I do but I don't like getting up early." She complained. 

"You and me both Ginny." You grabbed your stuff and headed to the bathroom. As you walked across the landing you heard Fred moaning. 

"S'time already?" You  laughed at the sound of him complaining to Molly as you made your way into the bathroom to get ready. You got dressed and made yourself look presentable and tried your best to not look as if someone had dragged you through a hedge. Once you had worked your magic you left and gathered your bags from Ginny's room to head downstairs for breakfast. 

As you came to the bottom of the staircase you could see the boys approaching the kitchen table whilst Arthur Weasley was showing off his Muggle clothes. "Morning everyone." You smiled sweetly as you entered the kitchen. 

"Morning (y/n) dear!" Molly replied cheerily. You sat down next to Fred as she started to dish out breakfast. 

"Where're Bill and Charlie and Per-Per-Percy?" George asked as he yawned. 

"Well, they're Apparating, aren't they? So they can have a bit of a lie-in."

"So they're still in bed?" Fred asked in a grumpy tone as he pulled his porridge towards him. "Why can't we Apparate too?" 

"Because you're not of age and you haven't gotten your test!" She snapped. "(y/n) where have those girls got to?" 

"I'm not sure, I think they're still getting ready." She gave you a sweet smile and walked out of the kitchen to get the girls. 

"I am certain she loves you more than us." Fred said as the rest of the boys at the table started to indulge in conversation about Apparating. 

"Do you ever think it's because I did well in my O.W.L.S, I don't give Muggles Ton-Tounge Toffees and -"

"You still knew about it!" He interjected. 

"I didn't drop the sweets though, did I?" You arched your brow at him as you continued to eat. He rolled his eyes knowing that you were right and you both turned your attention to the main conversation at the table. 

"But Bill and Charlie and Percy can all do it?" You and Fred caught onto the conversation as Harry questioned Mr Weasley.

"Charlie had to take the test twice," Fred joined the conversation with a large grin on his face. "He failed first time, Apparated five miles south if where he meant to, right on top of some poor old dear doing her shopping, remember?" 

"Yes, well at least he passed second time!" Mrs Weasley snapped as she walked back into the kitchen causing you all other than Fred to giggle at her words. 

"Percy only passed two weeks ago, he's been Apparating downstairs every morning since, just to prove he can." George whined. Amid the twins complaining both Ginny and Hermione had now joined you. 

"Why do we have to be up so early?" The redhead questioned. 

"We've got a bit of a walk." Mr Weasley said as he started to check the tickets.