Chapter 23

Sana goes into the other bedroom and opens the door. She goes and sits near the feet of Sumitraji. She has seen Siddy boy pressing her feet. So she starts doing that. Sumitraji wakes up and says,"Kaun? Sana? What are you doing beta? Leave my feet." Sana says,"Maa, aap sojayiye. I will sit here for sometime." Sumitraji gets up and switches on the lights. She says," Bacha what has happened? Did Sid scold you?" Sana hugs her and tears flow from her eyes. She says,"He said, I am self centred. I don't think about anybody." Sumitraji says," Okay first you stop crying then we will talk."

Sana sleeps beside Sumitraji and she caressing her head, says," Sana you are not an outsider here. You are a part of this family now. You work, so you might be late. We have no issues with that. We just want you to inform us when you will return. Bacha mujhe tension hoti hai kab lautegein mere bache." Sana hugs Sumitraji and says," I know I should have called. But why Sid shouted at me like that? Ache se bhi bol sakta tha." Sumitraji smiles and says," Sid was actually worried for you. But as he is angry over you, he shouted on you for being late. He will never stop you from going out or coming late. But he is your husband and he should know when you will be back. He would get worried otherwise. You are now his responsibility."

The words like worry and responsibility are new for Sana. No body had ever really worried for her or considered her as responsibility. She has been initially a burden and later responsible for taking care of herself and her Mamaji's family. Now there is a mother who worries for her and a husband who thinks she is his responsibility. Sumitraji says," Sid is angry now but soon he will forget everything. My son is a gem. Just give him some time." Sana does not reply but closes her eyes. Sumitraji says," You don't think anything else. You sleep here beside me tonight. Okay."

Sid looks at the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law hugging each other and sleeping. He goes into his room and finds Sana's clothes lying on the bed. He shakes his head and picks them up and puts them on the chair. He lies down on the bed and closes his eyes. In the process of hurting Sana for what she had done, he has been getting attached to her. He had married her to make her understand what is the reality of life is, but today he is actually thinking like a husband. He was actually worried for her. He has no idea what he has got himself into. He doesn't want a life of hatred. But how can he forget how insulted he was, how worried his family had been? She needs to understand her mistake. But she is here behaving as if she has no idea about it.

For the next two days, Sid starts avoiding Sana. She started sleeping with Sumitraji as Shini was not there. Sid could now stay alone in his small space of comfort. However Sid ensured that whenever she goes out of the house, he is with him. He didn't want the media people harrass her. Whatever his mother had said that day was true. Sana was indeed his responsibility and Sid knew very well how to carry them.

Sid no longer tries to wake Sana up early. Sana tries to wake up earlier than Sid but she fails every time and her wish to serve him tea remains incomplete. Today also Sid had got up early to go to his gym when Sumitraji brings tea to the table. Sid peeps to find Sana still sleeping. He doesn't say anything but sits on the table to have his tea. Sumitraji understand his thoughts says," Arey, I had asked her to sleep. She was tired yesterday." Sid smiles and says," Maa now stop supporting her. I know you have fallen for her acting. But I won't." Sumitraji says," Bas kar ab. She is actually a sweet girl. She is not acting when she is with me."

Sid says,"Fine. I am wrong. Happy" Sumitraji after some inhibitions says,"I have to tell you something. Promise gussa nahi karega?" Sid looks at her and says," What?" Sumitraji replies,"Your Mamaji is very sick. He is asking for me. I want to go to see him for a few days." Sana wakes up and comes out and says," Haye mein phir late ho gayi. Aaj ki chai bhi gayi." Sid looks at her and says,"Maa, tell her to go. I am really not in a mood to listen to her right now." Sana looks at Sumitraji who signals her to stay quiet. She sits down and stays silent. Sid says,"Maa, you really want to visit him. Mamaji has never checked on us, whether we are alive or dead. After Papa's death, he left the next day out of fear of taking our responsibility. And you want to go to him." Sumitraji says,"Bacha he is my elder brother, how can I leave him now when he is so sick? He couldn't do anything because of pressure from your Mamiji. Otherwise my bhaiya is very good human being. " Sana interupts," Yes, Siddy I mean Sid, Mamijis are always bad people. They make the Mamajis to do wrong things. I know." Sid looks at her with anger and Sana lowers her head.

Sid says," Maa if you really want to go then, I won't stop you. But I really don't like this. And to top that I won't get off in this new job. How will you go alone?" Sumitraji after a pause says," You don't have to worry about it. Your cousin Ranjit is in Pune. He will take me with him." Sid controlling his anger, takes a deep breathe and says," Fine. I will get the tickets today." Sumitraji says" Actually bache..woh..Ranjit has already got the tickets for today afternoon." Sid looks at her surprised and gets up. He says,"When everything is decided then why all this drama. You have now learned to act as well from her." Saying this, he stroms out of the house.

Sid returns home and without saying anything enters the room and dashes with Sana. She is about to fall down when Sid catches her and makes her stand on her feet. Sana out of fear from getting another scolding from Sid, says,"Sorry..sorry." Sid says,"For what? I didn't see you and you were going to fall because of me. So, I am sorry." Sana smiles and look into his eyes. Sid says," Abb hatogi? I have to take my clothes. I am getting late. Ajeeb hai yaar yeh ladki, don't know where she gets lost."

Sid on the dining table says,"When is the train? I will drop you at the station." Sana says," Maa you are going by train. Wow! I love to travel in trains. But now I don't get to travel much, especially in India. Bahar jatun hun toh travel karti hun." Sid replies," Ofcourse, Aap jaisi celebrity train mein travel kaise karegi." Sumitraji says," Sid bas kar. Sana go and make tea for me and Sid." Sana smiles and leaves. She says,"Ranjit will pick me up. You go to your work. And don't fight with her. I will call her and get all information. I don't want you to argue with her when I will be gone. Promise kar." Sid lowers his head and says,"Shini is not here, now you will be gone. How will I live with her?" Sumitraji laughs and says," Pagal. Will she eat you up or what? Sid, Take this time to know her." Sid looks up and says," Please Maa. I don't need to know her. When will you return?" Sumitraji replies," Very soon. I will call you."

Sid calls Sana in the evening and asks,"Where are you?" Sana replies," At the studio." Sid says,"When will your shoot end? I forgot to give you a spare key. That's why I called." Sana says,"Is your work over?" Sid replies,"I will leave in half an hour." Sana says," Can you come over to the studio then?" Sid was about to say something but Sana says,"I am sending you the address. I will be waiting for you."

Sid arrives at the studio after an hour and a guy waiting for him, takes him inside where vanity vans are parked. He knocks on one door and asks Sid to enter. Sid enters to find Sana sitting in front of a mirror removing some jewellery. She looks beautiful in a pink saree, Bindi and makeup. Sid for a moment forgets everything and smiles at her. Sana smiles back at him and says," I am done. We can go together." Sid turns his eyes away and says," You don't need to come with me. You come in your car. I can leave a key for you in case you reach home early." Sana stands up and says,"Why? I will go with you only. Wait." She starts opening her saree there only. Sid turns back and says," Have you lost it ? I am waiting outside." Sana says," Relax. I am wearing a jeans and kurti under the saree. Look." Sid does not turn back. Sana removes her saree and petticoat and says," Ho gaya. Let's go."

Sid had promised his mother not to say anything or argue with her. So he didn't protest and both come out of the studio. Sid starts his bike and Sana sits behind her. She tries to hold the back of the bike but then Sid says,"You can hold me. If you fall, Maa will kill me." Sana slowly puts her hands on his shoulders and starts smiling.

After dinner, Sid says,"You sleep in the bedroom. I will be in my room." Sana nods her head and Sid comes to his room. He lies on the bed and after sometime falls asleep. Suddenly he hears a cry and wakes up. He goes to the other room, switches on the lights and asks,"What happened?" Sana is sitting up in the bed, sweating profusely and trembling. Sid touches her shoulder and Sana hugs him and starts crying. Sid first does not react but after few seconds, he holds her and says,"Relax. Kya hua? Just relax." Sana without leaving him says," Please you don't leave me. I am scared. They are all firing again. They will kill me." Sid sits beside her and holds her till she calms down saying," I am not going anywhere. I am here Sana. I am here."

Hi all,
Sabak sikhane chalethe, khud pyar ka sabak sikhliye. Nafrat karne ki koshis mein, Sid shahab dushman se rista banaliye..
Keep reading, liking, voting and commenting..
Lots of💕💕💕💕