Chapter One Hundred & Fifty One | Fifth World

[ 151 ]

"So what is it we know about these two companies?" The main newsreader asked the specialist who sat across the desk from her, in prime position for the camera to capture him.

Said man didn't even have to glance at the stacks of paperwork that lay in front of him. This story had obviously consumed all of his time and effort as of late, so he knew the ins and outs of it; leaving there with little need to look over his own notes.

"Well on the surface of things, it may appear odd for these two companies to come together to work on a project, but once we delve deeper then it begins to make sense in terms of a mutually beneficial opportunity." The business correspondent put his hands on the table. "First of all, we have a company whose name may not be commonly heard of within most households, but is a definite major player when it comes to the design and implementation of advanced security systems." Appearing on the screen behind the two journalists was a company logo that halted Fahren's movement mid jigsaw puzzle.

"Westergaard Advanced Technological Security Systems— or WATSS— are referred to as masters of their field. Surprisingly, it's a family-run business which once only supplied to the military, but have since opened up to a wider market and now make a fair chunk of money through implementing their failsafe appliances into safeguarding private empires and also government-backed locations all around the world."

The woman who had asked the question nodded her head, jotting something down on her own papers.

"Then there's the relatively new company which was created by the current CEO, H. E. Griffin. Radical Innovations made themselves known by helping to update and improve on life-saving technology used in our hospitals. But from information I obtained, it appears that Radical Innovations has been limited in their advances into society due to the hefty amount of regulations that surround the systems we already have in place."

It panned back to the woman, "What sort of advances?" Probing about the information that would mostly stick in the minds of the consumers.

"Radical Innovations are just that, foreword-thinking innovators. The company, although sufficiently growing in size, is only run by a handful of individuals. These people have been hand-picked by the CEO himself, who is the main inventor when it comes to what the company is trying to sell. Unfortunately for us, when it comes to Radical Innovations, there isn't some catalog we can look through to see what they're selling. Only specialised personnel are privy to see what they have made what we consider ordinary, into something extraordinary. But from what I have been given some insight on, is that this company intend to modernise technology we have had around us for some time. And from what one Chief of medicine told me, was that this technology was truly going to change how things are run within a hospital. But unfortunately for Radical Innovations, we are nervous when it comes to grand changes, and so it will be some time before their inventions are welcomed."

The main newsreader nodded her head, "And so for those who don't really pay attention to news relating to technology and it's mind-boggling advances, why should we be keeping an eye out for these two companies?"

The business journalist tapped the paper under his grasp, "These two companies are the definition of hidden gems when it comes to the impact they have made in a short period of time. Radical Innovations are considerably smaller and less influential than its superior who continues to thrive, WATSS, but they have somehow made a deal in which the bigger company can't turn down. It's extremely eye-catching to individuals such as myself, who constantly has his nose in forums looking for business gossip." The excitement was very clear on the middle-aged man's face.