five

'junie!' i spun around quickly and smiled once i saw jaemin running to catch up with me. i stopped walking and waited for him. he instantly slung an arm around my shoulders as soon as he was by my side.

'where's jeno?' i looked behind me to make sure we weren't leaving him behind.

'he left without me, his shift starts soon but mine isn't for another hour or so which is why i came to you, wanna hang out?' i hesitated out of worry that chenle could be waiting for me, possibly also wanting to hang out or walk home with me.

'if you're thinking about your friend don't worry, i saw him with that jisung kid.' jaemin chuckled as i looked at him with confusion written all over my face. before i could reply, he took my hand in his and made me follow him down the school steps.

'wait but where are we going?'

'i was hoping you could hang around the store with us and then we can get coffee or something.' jaemin gave me a hopeful smile and i nodded, focusing on not tripping on the steps.

jaemin spoke the whole time telling me about how he met jeno, his favorite ice cream, his best friends and basically anything he could think of. once i ran out of ways to reply i simply nodded but he seemed happy enough to continue talking while i listened.

eventually we made it to the store and through the window we could see jeno helping a young girl pick out a toothless plush. we entered the store quietly, not wanting to disturb them. jaemin guided me through the store to the cash register and we successfully moved to the back where we continued watching them.

'this one is called a light fury, what do you think of her?' jeno had a fond smile on his face as he handed the plush to the girl.

'she's very pretty!' the girl giggled and admired the plush, making jeno's smile grow even more.

'well a pretty plush deserves a pretty owner and i think you're the perfect fit.' the girl smiled and stared up at a boy around our age. 

'seungcheol, can we please buy her?'

the boy, seungcheol, chucked before gently pinching her cheek. 'of course yeojin, that's why i brought you here sweetheart.'

yeojin squealed and ran to the counter, jeno and seungcheol following her. jeno spotted us and a light blush spread across his cheeks. he cleared his throat and made his way behind the cash register, thanking the pair as seungcheol paid and grabbed yeojin's hand gently before leaving with an enthusiastic wave.

'i didn't know you two were here already.' jeno turned around, using the counter to lean on. jaemin walked over to him, wrapping his arms around his waist and staring up at him.

'we got here a few minutes ago, you're so cute with kids.' i smiled at the couple, feeling slightly awkward. jeno noticed and laughed lightly, removing one arm from around jaemin and gesturing for me to join them. 

'come here, we didn't ask you to hang out just for you to third wheel.'

i could feel my face heat up as i walked over and joined them in the hug. jaemin also removed one arm from around jeno's waist and moved a hair out of my face, smiling fondly.

'you're so pretty renjunie.' 

a small smile spread across my face and i looked down, feeling too shy to look them in the eyes. 'you two are pretty too.'

'i thought we're the hot guys.'

and that's how jeno ending up with two handprints on his arms from two guys for ruining the mood.

a/n: seungcheol's smile is enough to make me sob for hours, i could write a whole 400 page essay on how pretty he is