5: Senpai and Position.

✪ ω ✪

~

"Morning Practice, huh? I knew it." A cheery voice calls out when the metal door was open once again by a sliver hair male, this makes the senpai in front of you flinch but then relaxes after hearing the familiar voice.

"Suga-san!" The bald haired male sounds alarm as he greets his upperclassman which he greeted back with a simple hey. You relaxed after you saw how strong your senpai shout and stand beside Hinata to watch the scene unfold in front of you.

"Don't worry, I won't tell Daichi." It seems to you that if this morning practice was transfer to Daichi's ear, it will be bad news to them. 'Suga' cheerfully said that having a secret training is kind thrilling for him while the other three sighs in relief.

"Oh? A girl? I never have seen you before." Suga said while still trying to take off his shoes, you tense up at the mention of the name before introducing yourself. "[Last Name] [Name]. Nice to meet you, Suga-senpai." He chuckles before standing up and offer you a handshake.

"It's Sugawara. Tanaka said it's too long and just call me Suga." Your two hand automatically accept the handshake. "Sorry." He smiles yet again at your cute politeness. "It's okay, you can call me Suga as well. [Last Name].... Where have I heard it before." He thinks with a finger against his forehead.

Hinata's eyes spackles as he excitedly yelled at your senpai about how amazing you are in volleyball. "She is the best at volleyball! She once brings her team to nationals!" Hinata jumps up and down from being excited, you, on the other hand, was blushing in embarrassment at your friend's wild behavior to your upperclassman.

"Is that right?" Sugawara said as he sweatdropped and a little bit scared by Hinata's action. You calmed down your energized friend after apologizing to Sugawara. "Alrighty then. Let's practice!" Sugawara said as he lightly jogs towards the net as he was a setter.

Hinata and Kageyama were following his senior's order and rushes to his side, you couldn't play as you were wearing the school uniform especially you were wearing a skirt. But you don't mind doing sports in skirts as you are wearing short pants underneath but the boys might mind.

You saw how stiff the bald senpai was as he was holding both of his hands up like he was trying to have a handshake with you. You raised your brows in confusion but still gave him a handshake as he wanted and said "Tanaka-senpai" in respect.

He was like a bulb and he fumed up in redness and pass out in the next second.

"Tanaka! Quit playing!"

..

"Come and get it!" Tanaka yells out while spiking the ball that Kageyama tosses out. He then turns to you, who was doing your homework on the table you found in the gym, "See that! Isn't your senpai great!" He yelled out as he flexes his muscle in front of you. You didn't know what to say so you just nod your head.

"I want to hit a ball, too! Send me a toss too!" Hinata whined for the nth times on this practice, he was supposed to train his receiving skill with Sugawara but he was to distracted with the tossing practice that Kageyama was having with Tanaka.

The response that Kageyama gives to Hinata's request is a cold glare which Hinata didn't notice. Ah, Here we go again. You sigh as you lean your face against your palm while the other was busy writing the answer on the book. As this 'Hinata wants to spike' topic appears, it was quickly shot down by Kageyama saying he should practice his receive.

But this time it was harsher, Kageyama said he has no essential of winning this Saturday's match. You slightly glare at his back as he insulted your friend, but you can't interrupt since this is their club's matter and Kageyama is a setter so he has the right to toss to anyone he wants.

This big jerk. Thinking how high and mighty he is since he is a setter, but what's the meaning of a setter if there is no spiker to spike his tosses.

..

You were walking around the school with a meat bun in your hand as you look around to find your energetic tangerine friend. You know that once he set his eyes on something he would leave everything behind and get it.

You wonder if he was in the gym, spiking against the wall as he used to in Junior High. You heard the familiar ping sound as you walk near and near the gym, you turn your head towards where the sound came from. You saw Sugawara is spiking the ball to Hinata to improve his receiving.

How nice of him.

"Shoyo." You call out to your friend as you walk towards where they are, but because of you Hinata got distracted and have the ball hit against his face. "Hinata!" "Shoyo!" Sugawara and you rush to his side as both of you were worried about him. "Ahh. It hurts." He said as he rubs he face with his hand to ease the pain.

"Sorry, Shoyo." You said with a worried expression which Hinata waves off and said "Nevermind." He saw the meat bun in your handand his whole expression changes immediately, his eyes screams out in hunger while a drool was dripping out his mouth.

"Ah... This is for you." You said as you notice his expression. "Osu!" He said as he immediately take the bun from your hand and put it in his mouth as much as he could. You and Sugawara sweatdrop by Hinata's eating habits, Sugawara suddenly gets up from his kneeling position and said: "I'm gonna buy some bread to eat." in which you respond with a nod.

..

"Hey, Shoyo." You call out your friend who is chugging down the mineral water that he just bought. "If Kageyama didn't tosses to you, what would you do?" He was startle by the question, because he was drinking water, he got choke. You lightly pat his back to help him.

"Uhm... I wil prove to him that I can spike!" He said with determine as he stood up from his seat. "You have to know that Tanaka-san is more experience with spiking than you. So you should leave the spiking to him and you do the receiving."

Hinata sulks by your comment, he thought you would be more "You can do it." instead of "Leave it to others.". Seeing how down your friend is, you cheer him up by saying: "Hey, receiving is an important job too." But it just makes things worse as he is whining. "But Spiking is more flashier than receiving."

This got you a little mad but not so mad to scold him in front of the whole school. "Hey." You said coldly which makes him tense up. "Playing Volleyball isn't about what position is flashier than others. Each and every position is just as important as spiker to win a set or a game." You stand up from the stairs and walk in front of him.

"Spiker can't spike without a setter. The ball wouldn't be block without the middleblocker. The ball wouldn't be save without a libero. That's the rules of playing volleyball, everyone needed each other to win."

"So don't let others tell you that you're position is unimportant. Because you are one of the keys to success."