Chapter 3

Hey guyssss:)
I hope u like this Chapter. I mean nobody is reading this yet but just in case... 😂
Love uuu

We didn’t speak a single word on the way to the hospital.

I had eyeballed my image in the side mirror in the car and had immediately regretted it. I looked like a wreck.

My eyes were swollen and red, my mascara smeared and my hair messy and wet because it had started raining on our way out of the park.

My lip was still trembling a little and my face was so pale that I looked like a ghost. The atmosphere was tense, and I could feel that he would have probably loved to punch me in the face.

I knew he wanted to and so did I because he had been right.

hadn’t even given him a choice and after he had had been so nice and understanding that evening that would have been the least he deserved.

I felt almost as bad as the day the doctors had told me about Charlie’s brain tumor.

Before the car even stopped, I had already jumped out. I just couldn’t take the icy atmosphere anymore.

I almost ran towards the hospital entrance and Damien followed me without saying a word.

When we entered the hospital, a few nurses and other people around gave us strange looks but none of us were bothered by that, especially considering that my vision was still blurred from my tears.

I was leading the way and I could feel Damien’s cold gaze burning holes in my back. With every step I took I got more nervous. I had been thinking how my meeting with Damien would go but this? What was I going to tell Charlie?

Of course, there had been times where he had asked why all the other boys at his kindergarten had daddies, and he didn’t but I had just told him that not every girl and boy had a mom and a dad and that one day I would explain to him why.

I hadn’t thought that that day would come so soon though.

The hospital was relatively empty during this time of day. Most patients were in their rooms and there weren’t a lot of visitors as it was Tuesday and most family members were in school or at work.

I pressed the button for the elevator and after a few seconds the doors slid open with a little Ping. We entered the elevator and I pressed the right button. The doors closed.

For the first time in 20 minutes, Damien looked me in the eyes.

“I will take care of everything. You won’t have to worry about anything, but there is one condition.”, he came up to me and looked me in the eyes.

I gulped. I had forgotten how tall he was.

I looked up to him, pressed against the elevator wall, while we started going upwards and I really started to hate the fact this was an old building and therefore the elevator moved way too slow for my liking.