[20]

"They're still on your tail!" You exclaimed after looking at the radar detector. "Yeah I see that. Just- hang tight." Din said before suddenly diving down, nearly making you fall forward onto a bunch of controls. Then he angled the ship upwards and wasted no time firing upon an X-wing which had begun firing upon the Razor Crest after it had exited the atmosphere of Corellia.

You sighed in relief after it had been destroyed and Din jumped to hyperspace. He as well leaned back in his chair. "You still have the holomap?" Din asked and you nodded, pulling out the holomap from your satchel. "You need to put rear cannons on this thing." You said and Din tilted his head away, as if he were rolling his eyes. "I usually fly solo. You know that." He responded and you shrugged. "Alright, but it would help." You said and another audible huff escaped his lips and exited through his modulated helmet.

Din pressed a few coordinates into the navagation pad on his ship, you raised an eyebrow. "Nevarro?" You asked and Din nodded. "There are some other guild members rallying there. If anywhere's safe it'll be there, strong in numbers." He said and you nodded.

He took the jump to hyperspace, and other than the low hum of lightspeed, all was quiet. "Din?" You asked softly, he turned so he was looking at you. "Do you think the guild will work things out? With the New Republic." You wondered as you looked down at your lap, you fiddled with a strand of thread on your pants. "I think they will. It will just take time. However... If things go south, we always have one another." He said, reassuring you. You looked up with a soft smile. "Thank you Din, for everything." You said and a small tilt of his head was his response.

When you arrived to Nevarro, you put on a brown cloak before stepping onto the planet. You put it over your head and followed Din into the small but lively town. "I have some things I must take care of. But I will meet you at the cantina." Din said and you nodded, you made your way through the town, searching for the cantina. It wasn't difficult to find as it was on the main part of the street. You entered to see it was also lively. You walked up to the counter, looking around and waiting for a bar tender to approach you.

When a droid did, it scanned you for a moment. "This way please." It said and you furrowed your eyebrows but followed regardless. The droid led you to a back room, but of which was also large and had a bar. "This room is for guild members only. Bought out by Greef Karga. The identification I read after doing a full body scan informs me you are a bounty hunter." The droid said, nothing but monotone dialouge filled in it's voice.

You nodded, you removed your hand from the blaster it had been cautiously laid on. As you entered you noticed some familiar bounty hunters and you felt more at ease. You sat at the bar and gently tapped your fingers against the counter. You ordered a drink and sipped on it as you sat alone.

The blast door then opened again, you turned to see Din standing there, he had a new outfit underneath his rusted and worn armor. He walked over to you after spotting you and sat next to you.

"Everything alright?" You asked as you turned your head to look at him after taking a drink. "Not exactly." He said after what sounded like he was clearing his throat. "Can we talk, outside?" He asked and you gave him a curious look but nodded.

As you followed him out of the cantina he was stiff. Well he was never relaxed outside of the Razor Crest but this was abnormially more than usual. You followed Din to a lone street where he stopped and you leaned up against a stone wall to listen to what he had to say. Your heart was beating anxiously fast as you couldn't possibly know what was wrong now.

"I have to go for a little while." He said and you pushed off the wall you were leaning on. "What?" You asked, you felt as if your heart had dropped. "My people, they need me." He said and you looked at him confused. "But Din-" You began, however you didn't know what to say. What could you say? You were angry, so angry.

Now you were going to be alone again.

"We have to go into hiding for a little while. The remenants of the Empire are after us. But I will contact you as often as I can." He said, he reached a gloved hand to caress the right side of your face but you turned away from his affection.

"Y/N.." He breathed, he knew he had upset you. You shook your head. "I know, I know how much they mean to you after they saved you. But... What about me? If the Creed always comes first-" You were cut off by Din, "You always come first, Y/N." He said with urgency. You shook your head. "We both know that's not true.. I.. I hope one day you can decide on what exactly it is you want, Din." You said as you began to walk away from him, to the main road. "Y/N, I'll come back some day, I promise." He said, he wanted to chase after you but he knew that wasn't a great idea.

Tears had already welled in your eyes and were now rolling down your cheeks. You turned your head. "Don't bother, Mandalorian." You said to him over your shoulder. Even your own words hurt you, you couldn't imagine what they'd done to him.

It would be the last time you saw him.

Or so you thought.

To be continued...