Season 3 - Brave for You

The room was dropping faster with each passing second, and our screams were getting louder, too.

I'd tried to hold mine in, but after a minute or two, I couldn't anymore. I was sure that mine and Steve's screams combined were louder than anyone else's, except for maybe my brother's.

"Shit! Shit!" Dustin cried in the most high-pitched voice I'd ever heard. He moved from the table that he'd been holding onto to the control panel, desperately pushing the buttons to get us to stop.

"We're going down! We're going down!" Steve yelled, his hold around me intensifying.

"Yeah, no shit, Harrington!" Robin yelled, her words almost drowned out by the sound of air rushing past us. She was clutching to the shelf behind her for support, her knuckles turning white from how hard her grip was.

"Why don't these buttons work!?" Dustin shrieked, slapping his hand against every single one.

"Press the button!" Erica yelled, moving over to Dustin.

"What do you think I'm doing!?" Dustin yelled back.

"Come on, press something!" I screamed, gripping onto a box to keep Steve and I standing up.

"Just press something!" Steve yelled, his face turning red and pressing against the back of my shoulder.

"Push it!" Erica yelled as Dustin's screams became louder and higher.

Suddenly, the elevator stopped, making us, along with several of the boxes, fall to the ground. Steve and I fell sideways, causing me to hit my head on the wall as I landed with my legs between Steve's. A box fell onto our laps with a dull thud, and he pushed the heavy package away onto the floor.

I winced and immediately clutched my head as the others groaned around me.

"Ow!" Steve let out, moving his arms away from my waist, "My groin!"

"Shit, sorry," I muttered, rolling off of him and onto the cold metal. Erica and Dustin were crouched against the wall, just starting to stand up.

"No, not you," Steve said through clenched teeth, "The box. It fell on my groin."

"Oh," I said, barely able to register his words over the throbbing in my head. The cool metal felt nice against my sweaty body, so I let myself sink into it.

"Is everyone okay?" Robin panted. I glanced over to her and saw that she was crumpled against the shelf, a hand on the back of her head.

"Yeah, I'm great!" Steve yelled, standing up and stepping over me, "Now that I know that the Russians can't design elevators!"

He shoved Dustin out of the way and began pressing the buttons.

"I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work," Robin said.

"They're buttons," Steve hissed, "They have to do something!"

"Stop yelling," I groaned, only sitting up when Dustin helped me.

"Yeah, if we had a keycard," Robin said as I leaned against the wall, watching them.

"What?"

"It's an electronic lock."

"Same as the loading dock door," I said, realizing that the lock down here was identical to the one on the surface.

Robin nodded, "Exactly. And if we don't have a keycard, it won't operate, meaning-"

"We're stuck in here," Dustin huffed.

"Yeah," Robin said with a defeated sigh.

"Just so you nerds are aware," Erica spat, "I'm supposed to be spending the night at Tina's, and Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home tomorrow for Uncle Jack's party tomorrow, and my mom finds out that you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one, and slit your throat."