Wattpad Original
There are 90 more free parts

miserable

adjective ~ wretchedly unhappy or uncomfortable

NOVA

I sneakily found my way down the vast hallway, keeping my back pressed against the wall. I could hear them in the kitchen and I had a fairly large open doorway ahead, so if I was to get by unnoticed, I would have to time it right.

Peering around the corner, I noticed the group of teenagers facing away from me. So, taking a deep breath, I braced myself before leaping across the two-meter gap. Catching myself from stumbling, I internally cursed when the clothes I wore rustled as I staggered. I held my breath in anticipation and just as I thought I had got away with it, a pair of black shoes came into my eye-line.

Gulping, I looked up to find the snooty grimace of Sophie. She slicked her dark red hair back against her head into a straightened ponytail, grey eyes sneered down at me as she chewed on the gum in her mouth. Her curvaceous hip was poised, arms folded with her phone loosely in her grip. She was stunning, an accurate picture of everything a werewolf woman should be and the future "mate" to the alpha. But she hated me, with every single passion. The two girls and three random guys behind her had the same feelings towards me, too.

"Oh my gosh, it's you." She grunted. "What are you doing? Think you can sneak around, huh?"

Her voice was sultry as her lipstick-encased lips parted in a chuckle. "Well?"

I stayed where I was on the floor, looking away from her eyes to stare at the floor. "I-I... I just wanted t-t-to go to my room."

"I-I-I just wanted t-t-t- what? I'm sorry I couldn't hear you through that rubbish." Her current best friend, Lucy, chortled.

Sophie pouted at her, an action that may seem innocent to others, but I knew different.

"Aw, Lucy, don't be like that. It's not Nova's fault that she was never taught proper English after being abandoned."

They all laughed in unison before Sophie grasped me by my hair. I winced as a few hairs snagged in her grip but chewed on my lip, knowing if I made a sound, I would get hell. I stood in time with her, her gum smacking against her tongue as she titled her head at me.

"Now... I just got my makeup and nails done all pretty, so why don't you run along and go hide in your room for the rest of the day?"

I nodded, my green eyes meeting hers warily. "Oh-okay."

Her hand tightened on my roots before she dropped me. I turned to scamper off when a well-manicured foot encased in Louis Vuitton darted out beneath me. I tripped, smacking into the floor with a groan. They all burst out laughing and I glanced behind me to see Sophie just smirking at me as she examined her nails, walking away.

"Oh, my gosh, did you see the way she stuttered?" Her other follower, Lou, giggled.

Tears brimmed as I hurried my way into my room. Slamming the door shut behind me, I collapsed into my bed, crying once more for the people who constantly made my life miserable. Things went smoothly for me today, but who knows what awaits me later?

***

My alarm blaring rose me from my sleep. Rubbing my eyes, I glanced to see the emotional me had set an alarm for six before I passed out so that I could go for a morning walk. Thanks, emotional me!

Not bothering to shower since I did last night, I washed the necessities before pushing my hair into a beanie. I brushed my teeth and changed into some joggers and an extra-large jumper. I always wore baggy clothes as it turned the jokes about my body into jokes about my clothes. Better for my ego, I suppose.