Chapter Twelve: Halloween

A few weeks have gone by and nothing that eventful happened.  Lavender became better friends with Parvati Patil, so she isn't hanging out with you and Hermione as much. You start to stop your crush on Harry (who got on the house quidditch team), which is a good thing, in your opinion.  Ron and Harry stop hanging out with you as much, since you are friends with Hermione.  You still talk to Draco and you're better friends than ever.  Even though you are a Gryffindor, Snape seems to like you.  You can't decide if that is your family's wizarding status, you being friends with Draco, or if it's your personality. 

"(Y/n)?  Did you hear me?" You hear Hermione say, breaking you out of your head.

"Oh, no, sorry.  What did you say again?"

"What do you think that we will learn in Charms today?" She states with a firm tone.

"I am kind of hoping for the Levitation Charm." You say, wiping everything else out of your mind. "I want to see if I can make my blanket fly around the room and make people think there is a ghost."

"Y/n..." Hermione says, "You know that won't work, there are actual ghosts in the castle, so why would one look like a blanket?"

"Oh yeah, sometimes I forget that we are the only 'muggle born'." You say, adding quotation marks around muggle born because you grew up in the muggle world.  You both sit at the breakfast table for a minute. 

"Anyway, I think that is what we should be doing today, based on the book." Hermione says, but you don't hear her because you are looking up at the ceiling.

"Uh, Hermione?" You ask, "Is there supposed to be live bats up there?"

"Live bats... Oh, today must be Halloween!  I can't believe I missed it.  I have to go write a letter to my parents.  I'll meet you at Charms!" Hermione says, answering your question, but all the same leaving you alone.  Since Hermione is gone, you finish your breakfast and Harry and Ron sit with you.

"'Morning." Ron says, starting to stuff his face. 

"Good morning." You say, shaking your head.

"These decorations are fantastic." Harry says, looking a little out of it.

"Yes, but Little Whinging always had the best decorations!  It was so fun putting them all up- oh." You say, remembering, "The house you lived in never did put out any decorations.  Why was that?"

"The Dursleys never wanted anything to do with superstitions, since they were hiding me for my entire life." Harry says with a sad face.

"Oh." You say, thinking about all of the fun time you had had with your family on Halloween. "Well, this year, you have friends to celebrate with."

"Yeah." He says, with a smile.  You get up and say, "Well boys, I must be on my way."

You walk away and out into the hallway. 

"Well, well, well.  What do we have here?" a voice says.

"Hi Draco!" you say hugging him.

"Hi (Y/n)," Draco says with a smile, "guess what Mother sent me!"

"Uhhhh, what?" You say.

"Care packages!  She sent one for you too, ever since I told her about being friends with you!" Draco says.  You smile and he hands you one.  You open it and it has a personalized note,
Dear (Y/n),
I was elated when my dear Draco sent me a letter claiming that he had met you.  In spite of our different houses, your mother and I were very good friends.  I hadn't seen her since you all went into hiding, so I invited your family to spend Christmas with us!  I hope that you will enjoy that.
-Narcissa

"You'll never guess what this says!" You exclaim after reading the note.

"What?!" Draco says.

"My family is going to spend Christmas with yours!" You say.  You see his eyes light up and he hugs you.  "That's great, (y/n)!"

All of a sudden, the school bell rings and you have to head off to Charms.  He left behind Crabbe and Goyle to walk with you and you are flattered.  'Am I catching feelings for him?' You wonder.  It seems odly possible to you.  You walk into the classroom and sit next to Draco, instead of Hermione, leaving her next to Ron. 

After listening to the instructions from Professor Flitwick you realize, we were indeed learning about levitation charms.  There is a boom and you look over.  It was Seamus Finnigan's (?) feather blowing up.  The end of the class comes too early for your preference.  You wave goodbye to Draco and catch up to Hermione. 

"Hey-" You start, but she shushes you and points to Ron. 

"Its' LeviOsa, honestly I can see why (y/n) is her own friend." he claims.  Hermione starts to cry and runs past them.  You walk towards them and say, "Good going guys."

You want to chase after Hermione and know that a good friend would do that, but you think that giving her room would be the better option.

The rest of the day goes by quickly, but you still don't see Hermione.  By the time dinner rolls around, everyone, but you, it seems, has forgotten about Hermione.  Then, you hear the words,

"TROLLS IN THE DUNGEON, TROLLLL!!!"

_______________________________________

I did it, for all of you.  Also I have a bunch of TikTok songs in my head.  IM ON DRACO TIKTOK AND IT IS THE BEST THING EVERRRRR!!!