Isekai ⁉️

" I'm your brother Aang!"

"HUH!?" 'MY BROTHER!? AANG???' I stare at him in curiosity, but also confusion. "I'm Aang L/N, don't you remember me !?" He asks while a single tear rolls down his face. I panic at the sight and sit up ignoring the piercing pain that's going through my body and put my hand on his cheek wiping away the tear. I look at him, taking in his features and getting lost in thought, 'he really is Aang huh? Well he does have the arrow on his head and looks uncannily similar to him... but since when did he have a last name?'

"She's suffering from temporary amnesia, Aang, don't take it personal that she doesn't remember you." Monk Gyatso comforts Aang.

"But-" he starts off, but stops and looks at me, wide-eyed. 'Huh? Why is he staring at me?' "Y/N!" Is the last thing I hear before slowly falling back down to the bed while losing consciousness.

2 weeks later

I was standing on the balcony of the temple looking at the trees contemplating everything that has happened so far. 'I'm 15, Aang's older sister and protector, I'm an airbender and I have the same name as I had in my 'previous' life, but what's more freaky is that I look exactly the same as I did in my past life...' I've had dreams about my life here, though dreams wouldn't be the exact word to explain it... more like flashbacks? "If memory serves me right, I believe the word for this type of situation is Isekai" I smile to myself knowing that I was addicted to reading isekai genre mangas in my past life.

"Isekai ? What's that?" Aang says from behind me as he floats on his air scooter.

"Eep!" I yell out of surprise, almost having a heart attack. "What the hell Aang! You can't just sneak up on someone like that" I huff out turning around to look at him.

"Sorry!" He laughs "but anyway what's Isekai? You were talking about it, right?" He questions you again, curious to know what you were mumbling about to yourself.

"Tch, I won't tell you unless you beat me in a race" you stick out your tongue playfully trying to change the topic , knowing that your brother is competitive. He grins from ear to ear and nods. You make an air scooter and jump on top of it, 'the power of muscle memory' you think to yourself as you smirk.

"First to make it to the airball field wins!" He says with a mischievous grin.

"Ready to lose?" I say as I turn to face him, but he's long gone. "HEY THATS CHEATING!" You say as you fly after him , he turns around and sticks out his tongue in response.

"What are you gonna do about it?" He giggles to himself and before he knows it I pass by him, shooting air out of my palms to boost my speed. "HEY! That's not fair!" He pouts as he tries to accelerate and catch up to me.

"And what are you gonna do about it?" I turn back a little to face him as I stick out my tongue mocking him.

10 minutes later

I sit in my air scooter looking at the children playing. I turn around when I hear someone behind me struggling to catch their breath. "What took you so long , slowpoke ?" You grin at Aang as he breathes loudly trying to catch his breath.

"It's not fair!" He pouts "you know how to shoot those laser air things out of your palm better than me without getting tired!"

I giggle at his childish behavior, "it's not my fault you don't want to practice!" I rebuttal his claim.

"Why train when you can play and have fun!" He giggles back. I roll my eyes at his statement while smiling.

"Aang." An old man approaches us. "We have something to discuss with you." 'Pasang.' You think to yourself as you glare at the old man. "Oh... ok?" Aang says as he turns around, ready to follow the old guy. 'He's going to put the avatar burden on Aang's shoulder' I think as I watch Pasang walk away with Aang following closely behind. 'But I can't do anything.... he'll die if he doesn't flee, he's too weak right now.'