- Always Have Your Back - jabezvill -

————

————

Y/N let out a low groan as she flexed her sore muscles and opened her eyes. A bright light above her blinded her vision, she turned her head to protect her eyes.

Her ex-boyfriend Jabez was sitting in a wooden chair with his left cheek in his palm, and his eyes closed.

When Jabez's head almost slipped off his hand, Y/N called out. "Jabez?"

"Hm?" Jabez breathed in fast and opened his eyes. "Oh," He realized Y/N was up, "You woke up." He smiled.

"What happened?" Y/N examined the hospital room she was in. She was laying in the bed with a light blue blanket covering her, and she had a I.V in her arm.

"You got into a car accident," Jabez told her. When he saw the panic in her eyes he quickly explained, "You're good though. You're scrapped up and bruised, but you ain't got no broken bones. Thank god."

As Y/N tried to connect the dots she really started to understand what was happening. The guy who broke up with her two months ago was in her hospital room. "What you even doing here?"

"Your momma called me. I told you I was her favorite," Jabez gave her a big smile. Jabez only knew one way to make a sad person happy, through humor.

"Why would she even call you?" Y/N shook her head. She cringed at the pain that shot up her neck.

"You know her, 'I know true love when I see it. And y'all got it'," Jabez impersonated Y/N's mother.

"Yea. Says the woman who's single with four kids," Y/N said sarcastically. She tried to push herself to sit up more, but she hissed at the pain in her lower back.

"Woah, woah," Jabez jumped out of his chair to help Y/N. "Chill out with all the moving." He leaned her back slowly onto the pillows.

"Nah. Your mom called me cause she knew that I'll always have your back. Period," Jabez told
Y/N. Before she could respond he said, "Imma go get your nurse. She some blonde chick, nice booty though."

"Get out my room," Y/N rolled her eyes at the man. He lightly chuckled and walked out into the hallway of the hospital.

————
word count : 386